Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Repairs

Options
  • 15-11-2011 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Can someone please recommend a competent person to repair a pc, whilst it was on last week my child pushed many buttons at once and now there is just a blue screen coming up, Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Compugeek, Quinn Computers, AtoZ Computers and Kilkenny Computers all do repairs as well as a few smaller companies/people.

Doubtful though that pushing a few buttons will cause a blue screen. Could be overheating (if it's a laptop), hardware failure/damage, bad Windows update, viral issues etc.
    You should get the error code of the blue screen and post it on the computers forum. It might be a quick fix and save you €50-200. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Thanks. Will post screen error in forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Polish guy here does a good cheap job if your stuck.
    http://www.crk.ie/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

In Waterford, but I can collect if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

And I'll collect your child and discipline him for what he did to your computer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

I was decidedly unimpressed with A to Z tbh. Dropped a laptop into the Hebron and was still awaiting contact a week later - I got in touch only to be told the power problems I was experiencing were simply caused by a faulty AC adaptor. :o

Wasn't just the wait though - they were oddly aloof both on the phone and in person and seemed to treat my custom as an inconvenience of sorts. My experience may not be typical admittedly, but it's the only one I can draw upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Thanks for all the posts. Took it CRK on Wednesday morning and had it repaired by Thursday morning for €30.00. Thats service !!!, and a very nice chap into the bargain. Had tried one of the High Street stores previously with disastrous results and certainly will not be returning there.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sunflower3

I used CRK this week also and completely agree with Glenalla's comments. Great value service - will be recommending him in future.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I used CRK also, as it was such a basic and quick thing he let me away without paying, sound guy also.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement