Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guilty Pleasures

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Ramette wrote: »
    Tinned Heinz Beans & Sausages

Forgot about those...yummy :D

While we're talking about food, when I lived in the UK I loved Steak & Kidney Puddings. Hard to find them here, but when I need some stodgy comfort food they can't be beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Cor yes, and remember Jam Roly Poly puddings with hot custard?

Good 'stick to your ribs' food that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

just enjoyed welsh rarebit and a glass of montepulciano d'bruzzo

in preparation for an afternoon of rugby

loving the guilty pleasure of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

I thought Welsh rarebit was that lady in the holiday camp that used say HI DEE HIII! Or was it HI DEE HOOO? Sue Somethingorother :D

Ruth Madoc? the dark haired breathy one?

or Sue Pollard, the chalet maid?

• Advertisement

Just googled and neither of them from Wales. I was sure that there was a Welsh accent somewhere. But it's been a long, long time. Does Butlins still exist as a holiday camp?

it does exist as a brand but its very different from the old days

Aaah, Butlins! I have very fond memories of Butlins Pwllheli. Not only was it the first time I tried baked beans :eek:, it was also where I had my first proper date (I was 15 at the time).

It was 1974 and I'd been there with my parents and my best friend - probably the best holiday of my teenage years :D

I can still remember the drive home. Picture this: hot, July day; stuffy Ford Anglia (with no opening windows at the back, so very, very hot!); me wearing a polo neck because of the large love bi...ahem, bruise... on my neck! Dad asking me why I was wearing a jumper on a day like this - me pretending I had a cold! Managed to keep the "bruise" hidden for the best part of a week until it had faded.

Aaah, the good old days.....;)

Mollywolly wrote: »
    ........................ me wearing a polo neck because of the large love bi...ahem, bruise... on my neck! Dad asking me why I was wearing a jumper on a day like this - me pretending I had a cold!................

Soooo Mollywolly! A hot bit of stuff both literally and metaphorically.:D

Spread wrote: »
    Soooo Mollywolly! A hot bit of stuff both literally and metaphorically.:D
    When I was 15 maybe, but these days I think I'd rather have a cup of tea :D

• Advertisement

Mollywolly wrote: »
    When I was 15 maybe, but these days I think I'd rather have a cup of tea :D

before? after? or during? :D

I think she means instead of. Teabag in or out? :confused:

BBDBB wrote: »
    before? after? or during? :D

I was thinking "instead of", but then again DURING might be quite interesting :p

EDIT: Spread beat me to it...he understands me!!!!!

I'll put the kettle on:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Spread wrote: »
    Just googled and neither of them from Wales. I was sure that there was a Welsh accent somewhere. But it's been a long, long time. Does Butlins still exist as a holiday camp?

Ruth Madoc was originally Ruth Llewellyn, brought up by her grandmother in Llansamlet in Swansea so there is definitely Welsh blood there.

Advertisement