Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stephen Meleady vs Omnoi Kiatphontip,Andy Thrasher vs Nong-B Kiatyongyut Dec17 Dublin

• 15-11-2011 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

On the 17th of December at the National Basketball Stadium Bridgestone gyms Stephen Meleady will take on Omnoi Kiatphontip in the co main event at Rumble in the Arena on the 17th of December.

Stephen has been in good form lately and is well rested after taking some time off after his recent win over the Polish champion. This will be Meleady's hardest fight to date but he is training hard and well up for the challenge!

Omnoi Kiatphontip is a current trainer at the prestigious Kiatphontip gym in Bangkok. He was ranked in both Rajadamnern and Omnoi stadiums and has had well over 100 proffesional fights and been in the ring with the likes of Samranchai 96 Penang, Banpot Sor Romyannon, Sipmuan Laemthonggarnpaet, Docmaifai Tor Sittichai, Noppakao Sor Wanchart.

Andy Thrasher is fresh off his win in the Toyota Marathon in Thailand where he defeated the Lumpinin stadium ranked no1 by ko in the final. He is the current WMC Muay Thai against drugs WORLD Champion and the current WKA WORLD Champion.

Nong-B Kiatyongyut is a former Lumpinee champion in 2 weight categories and former WBC Champion. He has had well over 200 professional fights at the highest level in Thailand and is probably the highest level Muay Thai fighter to ever set foot in Ireland. He has been in the ring with the likes of Seanchai. He really wants to win this fight and prove to the world that the Thai's are the best after Thrasher winning the prestigious Toyota tournament.

Full lineup to be announced in the coming days but with Champions from Thailand, Ireland, Scotland and England this is sure to be a cracking show.
    I will post info about tickets later on today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭martinh

Excellent fights there well done Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lionheart_ma

Lads just realised I put the wrong poster up, was meant to put the updated one with Imc logo on it. This is an Irish muay thai council event and is been co promoted by Bridgestone and lionheart gyms. Will get deigned to upload new poster asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Should be a cracker. Stevie looking very strong and sharp in training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Tickets available now online at entertainment.ie priced at €30 general addmission and €40 ringside, link below, should be a great night.

http://entertainment.ticketsolve.com/shows/126520859/events

First Promo Video for the event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Skr4wny

Should be a great night, really looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ArcadeDeluxe

Sounds class! will be a brilliant night, not oftan we get fighters like this in ireland!

http://superfight.net/

Check out the new website for the event.

Another confirmed A-class fight. Robert Doyle (Bridgestone) vs Tommy Tournine. Just putting the final touches to the undercard now so full lineup will be up shortly.

Tickets now available from mullens sports, Capel Street, Dublin 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Cestheday

Good photo session down in Bridgestone yesterday night. People are training hard and looking good. We also interviewed some fighters and trainers.

Stephen Meleady was kind enough to introduce us to his clinching partners...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=195537903867961&set=a.176033352485083.46477.119734651448287&type=1&theater

We are looking forward to meeting Omnoi, Nong-B and Andy Thrasher next week in Lionheart Gym. Interviews and photos will soon be posted on http://cesthedaymuaythai.wordpress.com/

Cecile

Here is the lineup:

JJ Plunkett (Lionheart) vs Ross Finnegan (Xtreme) 64kg

Michael Burke (Courage) vs Jack Cleary (bridgestone) 61kg

Robert Wall (lionheart) vs Conor Lai (Bridgestone) 71kg

Krystoph Nowicki (Lionheart) vs Patrick Molloy (Xtreme) 80kg

Dawid Kubic (Chupasart) vs Domonic Buarek (Bridgestone) 60kg

Nathan Lynch (Chupasart) vs Mick Traynor (xtreme) 72kg

Pro:

Sankarsana Murphy (Lionheart) vs Declan Dean (Frankys gym) 67kg c-class

Karl Hand (Chupasart) vs Chris Whittle (Frankys gym) 62kg c-class

Kelly Creegan (Bridgestone) vs Sophia Mahroo (Singto) 58kg c-class

Razvan Pitticas (Lionheart) vs Willie Waters (Courage) 73kg c-class

Paul Canavan (Bridgestone) vs Karl Pearson (Frankys gym) 60kg b-class

Robert Doyle (Bridgestone) vs Tommy Tourbine (Daz Morris) 65kg a-class

Stephen Meleady (Bridgestone) vs Omnoi Kiatphontip 60kg a-class

Andy Thrasher ( Gfc) vs Nong-B Kiatyonyut 67kg a-class

Doors open at 6pm.

There will be a full bar, food and a nice half time show!

Is that the fight order Tony?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Eddy L

Wish the promotors good luck with this show good to see big fights happing and people prepared to take a big finacial risk in this day and age,because i think this show is a big risk.any other time of the year i would be on this like flynn but unfortunatley i have xmas party to attend,surely this show could have being timed better i mean its the last big xmas weekend?

Also the under card does not look that great but i supose once the main fights turned out to be competitive it be worth the price of the tickets

Good luck to all involved.

Eddy L wrote: »
    Wish the promotors good luck with this show good to see big fights happing and people prepared to take a big finacial risk in this day and age,because i think this show is a big risk.any other time of the year i would be on this like flynn but unfortunatley i have xmas party to attend,surely this show could have being timed better i mean its the last big xmas weekend?

Also the under card does not look that great but i supose once the main fights turned out to be competitive it be worth the price of the tickets

Good luck to all involved.

We have our reasons for putting it on this weekend which I don't wish to discuss over the Internet. Thank you for wishing us good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Eddy L wrote: »
    Also the under card does not look that great

I think the undercard looks pretty good myself, Khannie the boards mod, Rob Doyle (former Irish welter weight title holder) and Kelly Creegan (female fighter of the year last year), not to mention Carl Hand who is an absolute monster at that weight, infact its mostly International fights on the undercard.
    Would be a pretty good line-up even without Meleady, Thrasher and the 2 Thai's fighting on it.

Oh Peetrik....with this flattery you are spoiling us! :D

article-1379948-0BB5F10F00000578-344_468x333.jpg

In all fairness though, I can't wait to see Kelly and Robs fight (and the two main events of course). I would defo be attending if I wasn't fighting on it (and not just saying that because I'm fighting on it).

So anyway...Is that the fight order Tony?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Khannie wrote: »
    Oh Peetrik....with this flattery you are spoiling us!

Just calling it like I see it, no offence ment to Eddie BTW, (whatever his views on the IMC :) ), just judging by his previous posts, he is a proper Thai boxing fan, just a little supprised he wasn't excited about the undercard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

Carl Hand is a fag**t and I hope he reads this :)

Paddy dont be bigging him up please:rolleyes:

that being said he has trained exceptionally well for this one and on very short notice too, he is one of the hardest training lads I have, ask him to do somethign and he just does it, and is progressing and developing al the time so I am well pleased to have him on this show.

Give him another year get him up to 64kg as he fills out and we going after some of the top guns at thats weight

Khannie its okay you can breath a sigh of relief as he wont be at 60kg again :)

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

chprt wrote: »
    Khannie its okay you can breath a sigh of relief as he wont be at 60kg again :)

Phew! It's been keeping me awake at nights Paddy. Actually I'd prefer a few more lads around the 60 mark. I've only fought one Irish lad in the last two and a half years if memory serves me. Would be nice not to have to rely on internationals. See you Saturday, Fatty.

• Advertisement

It is with deep regret that I have to announce the cancellation of the rumble in the arena due to take place, this saturday, the 17th of December. I am going to be straight with everybody and tell the truth about what happened but firstly I want to say sorry to all the trainers and fighters who have put a lot of work into getting ready for this show. I also want to apologise to anybody who has bought a ticket. All tickets will be refunded from the place of purchase.

The Thai team visa's application was refused because of a mistake by the office in WMC Bangkok. There was a section in the form where you have to fill in the address of where the Thai's are staying whilst they are here which was left empty and the application also needed a letter from Rob Cox saying the Thai team had jobs to return to after their visa's expired.

I was told by the WMC office that the visa's were granted about 2 weeks ago. The Irish Muay Thai council was also told the visa's were granted. I even went as far to email the lady dealing with the visa to double check everything was good to go before I booked the flights. The flights alone were close to 4000 euro so i wanted to be sure and i was told there was no problem and to book the flights for the 13th. I booked the flights for the 14th. They only told me there was a problem about 24hrs before the Thai team were supposed to be on the plane. When i checked it out in the department of immigration in Dublin they told me the visa's had been refused because of the reasons i previously stated. I have done everything possible to try get the visa issue sorted. I have been in the department of immigration on three different occasions , i have contacted the minister for sport to see if they could help and i have been up all night for the last 2 days to stay in touch with Thailand and to try speed it up from that end. I have spent all of today trying to get replacement fighters for Meleady and Thrasher but unfortunately its just to short notice to match fighters of their class.

A serious amount of work has gone into this and i have lost well over 10,000 euro of my own money which is a hard blow to take. All the work is done for the show which is why its such a hard decision to call it off but to continue with the show without Meleady or Thrasher is unfair to the people who have paid for tickets.

I would like to once again say sorry to everybody who bought tickets and especially to trainers and fighters who put in all the hard work only to be let down at the last minute. I have 5 of my own fighters matched so i understand the frustration from fighters and trainers to be let down at the last minute. Nobody wanted this show to be a success more than i did and i have done everything in my power to save it.

If anybody has any questions about refunds my email is <snip> I removed your email address Tony - you'll just be spammed - anyone who wants to contact Tony please use the PM feature, thanks </snip>

Tony Olin

Couldn't believe it last night when Paul told me. I'm sure that's a bitter pill to swallow Tony. Gutted I'm not getting to fight. :( Was all ready for it. Better luck next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

Really sorry to hear that Tony. Would have been a fantastic night and I was dying to see my little bro's first fight. Hope it works out next time for you.
    Rob.P

Advertisement