Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e mail from Eircom looking for personal details

Options
  • 15-11-2011 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering has anyone else received e mail from eircom looking for username / password etc.

They say that thet are deleting unused accounts and that if I do not respond within 7 days my account will be deleted.

E mail seems to come from eircom but reply address is some hotmail address

Is this a spam or for real?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Do not reply to it.
    Forward it to Eircom & then delete it.Its a phishing email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

dennyire wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering has anyone else received e mail from eircom looking for username / password etc.

They say that thet are deleting unused accounts and that if I do not respond within 7 days my account will be deleted.

E mail seems to come from eircom but reply address is some hotmail address

Is this a spam or for real?

Hi dennyire,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards.

If you need to report abuse or spam email, please do this on our abuse website below :

http://support.eircom.net/abuse/

eircom disclaimer
    eircom will NEVER send an unsolicited e-mail asking for your password or any of your account details. If you receive an e-mail asking for any of your account details, please DO NOT ENTER ANY DETAILS and delete it immediately!

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Let me know if I can help again.

Ant

Advertisement