Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Game recommendations for the Kinect

Options
  • 15-11-2011 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

As the title states does anyone have any good games for the Xbox kinnect. I got one bundled in my Xbox package.

So far I have not seen one game and thought "that looks good".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

The silence is deafening. A great piece of technological kit that has been rendered redundant by the lack of good games to support the technology.
    I would say Child of Eden though this is probably more of an experience than a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I was thinking along those lines myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Kinect Sports isn't bad. Season 2 is meant to be pretty good as well. Avoid Sonic Free Riders at all costs. Literally unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

You might find this article and video useful:
    http://www.gamersireland.ie/?p=11785

I second Child of Eden as a great game to play. I'm curious about Disneyland Adventures, it could be a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

rise of nightmares (warning: may cause nightmares)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Just picked up Kinect last week... yeah, I know I've been late to this race but I get the feeling that I may have timed the purchase of Kinect pretty well.

I'm in the new beta dashboard preview and it works brilliantly with Kinect. Complete voice control over you dashboard is very, very funky! I really hope they bring out a HAL 9000 voice for the console, that would be beyond awesome!

Games-wise, I picked up Child Of Eden and have to say that it's one of the most stunning games I've ever played. When I say stunning... it's a visual and auditory assault of your senses, combined with the immersion aspect of using Kinect, you really experience a totally new gaming sensation.

To play it, I stood in front of a 42" lcd, donned my Razer Chimaera's 5.1, cranked up the volume and got completely lost in the music and visuals! Oh, I also made sure the blinds were down, as I didn't want the neighbours thinking I'd gone insane waving my hands around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Gunslinger is a good game for the kinetic and it comes with Fruit Ninja as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

I second Child of Eden .... excellent game!

Going to pick up Gunstringer also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Kinect sports brilliant craic with a few friends, Kinect sports 2 should be better again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Kinect sports brilliant craic with a few friends, Kinect sports 2 should be better again.
    Kinect Sports is very good with a few mates around, and a bit of a laugh for pick up and play. Season 2, from what I have played of it, is good craic. Different sports and they show a little more of what has been done with the technology in the year since release (Hand Tracking for Darts, Golf, etc.).

I still think it's an impressive Tech, that is just waiting for the killer game to come out for it. It seems to be here for the long haul and is certainly not going to slink away like the Vision Cam.

Other than that there are a bunch of Demos for things that are out at the moment. Try them and see for yourself. Since you already got the Kinect with your console, there's nothing to lose, eh?

• Advertisement
Advertisement