Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ogamers

Options
  • 15-11-2011 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

Getting back into Ogame, does anyone here play? Maybe even a Boards.ie alliance? :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Who's mom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

What?

This should probably be in the Webgames forum, shouldn't it? Only saw it there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Used to play this years ago. I was in uni 6 with some friends, then joined uni 23 when it started. Was fun for ages, but in the end, it was more of hassle logging in everyday. That and the uni died so everyone was just playing as they had invested so much time in the game.

My fleet got crashed in the end so i just gave up after that. Only for the size of the fleet i had, i would have given up long before that. Has anything changed in the last 2 years. Wouldnt mind creating an account to see what its like

It's all pretty dead. Found a different site that plays OGame but only 50 times faster :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

It's all pretty dead. Found a different site that plays OGame but only 50 times faster :D

I used to love it. Had a tech support/sys admin job at the time so you could just play for short periods of time but set it so your fleet came in after you started work, but after a while it just became a PITA. Was crashed a few times and lost nearly everything.

Whats the new one you found?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Ive played on a private server the lads set up. Not sure what speed it was but i had deathstars by the end of the day. We had a huge battle of about 10,000 deathstars in the end. But it got boring too

syklops wrote: »
    Whats the new one you found?

http://ogameplay.com/

I'm on Universe Mars if anyone wants to team up.

wobbles wrote: »
    Ive played on a private server the lads set up. Not sure what speed it was but i had deathstars by the end of the day. We had a huge battle of about 10,000 deathstars in the end. But it got boring too

Sounds like x50, same as this one :) Boards.ie alliance ruling the universe :p

http://ogameplay.com/

I'm on Universe Mars if anyone wants to team up.

Sounds like x50, same as this one :) Boards.ie alliance ruling the universe :p

Just joined up. It comes back to you. its only been....5 years since I last played.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I think I was in uni 23 or 24 for a time. About 6 months and then they rolled out Pay to Win perks and I lost interest.

Had fun on their forums for a time though establishing a religion around the hallowed might of the Ogods.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    Just joined up. It comes back to you. its only been....5 years since I last played.

Added you, I'm Thor :)

Overheal wrote: »
    I think I was in uni 23 or 24 for a time. About 6 months and then they rolled out Pay to Win perks and I lost interest.

Had fun on their forums for a time though establishing a religion around the hallowed might of the Ogods.

Join OGameplay, you get free dark matter at the start.

Found out today, it's roughly 20 times faster.

Right so I have been playing this for about 3 days now, but I am beginning to get a bit sick of it.

First off the 20 times faster is a bit crap, because last night I wanted to put the resources I had left in a cargo fleet and send it off somewhere distant so it arrive somewhere around the time I got up so it wouldn't be vulnerable to attack, but even having a planet 3 or 4 systems a way at 10% speed, it would still be back in 3 hours. So I built ion cannons with it instead.

Its a bit like WoW, in that it keeps going. There is no milestones. You could spend 4 hours a day on it, and yes accrue a lot in resources and ships and things, and even get into the top 100/50/10/5, but once you do then what? You will never get to no 1, because there is always going to be some 14 year old who can spend 22 hours a day on it, and who can buy all the pay to win bonuses, who will keep the number one spot.

I don't know if I'll bother keeping it up. I'll need to plan ahead as to whether I go out for a pint tonight or not, and what time I will be home, if it will even let me send my fleet away for long enough.

You can send it to one of my planets in the next galaxy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Was about 250th in Uni 1 when I quit 2-3 years ago. Haven't came out of vacation mode since and I'm now upto 210th place. Obviously super active universe :S

Ah yeah, they're all dying. There's only about 150 in this game.

Advertisement