Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Siam Warriors 8man 5000euros

• 15-11-2011 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Siam Warriors Muaythai 8 man under 65kgs 5000euro

Full rules fights

Neptune Stadium 24th Feb 2012

Irish Fighters in 8 man

Seamus Cogan Spartan

Darren Cashman Siam Warriors Cork

Andy Gray Cork Thai

Martin Conroy Castlegar MT

Internationals to follow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Very nice purse Martin! Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Looking forward to this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭martinh

Fighters

5. Panicos Yusuf Liams Gym England

6.Josh Palmer Ireland/Canada

7.Robert NG Muay Eire Siam Limerick

Fighter Number 8

Paul Budden Cork Thai

Reserves
    Paul Karpowicz 2 Technical England
    Luke Turner Bad Company England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

best of luck with it martin

nice to get all local lads as well, what happens if paul n andy get into the final :)

Is there 7 other lads who want to go in for a bet. we get Martin to list the fighters the night before it from 1-8,a s they might change

On the night of the fights we all meet up before it and draw numbers from a hat and winner takes all. €800 for sitting drinking cans... cant be bad

Anyone in for it.

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks Paddy

Andy and Paul are goen be seeded so if 1 gets picked out of hat the other goes opposite group they both have to win 2 fights to get to the final to meet.
    If they do well either 1 steps back and loser steps forward from semi or they fight.

Just over 6 weeks to go give any1 coming heads up.

Sat 25TH February Neptune Stadium Cork City Doors at 5.45pm

8 Man tournament Full rules 5000 euro pot

Dutch muaythai super star Rayen Simson will bring a team of fighters for a mix of A -B class fights.

Irish Title Fight A-CLASS Ftr 5x3mins
    Dave o Brien Siam Warriors Cork vs Karl Mccallig Warriors Dublin

Tickets next week contact for Ringside they will be gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

martinh wrote: »
    Just over 6 weeks to go give any1 coming heads up.

Sat 25TH February Neptune Stadium Cork City Doors at 5.45pm

8 Man tournament Full rules 5000 euro pot

Dutch muaythai super star Rayen Simson will bring a team of fighters for a mix of A -B class fights.

Irish Title Fight A-CLASS Ftr 5x3mins
    Dave o Brien Siam Warriors Cork vs Karl Mccallig Warriors Dublin

Tickets next week contact for Ringside they will be gone.

How much for tickets and where can they be got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

Hope the show runs smooth and well for you Martin and good luck to all the fighters on the night.

Tickets will 30 euro standard Bleechers

Ringside section Pre sale 33euro

View is good from all over anyhow

Tickets from any gyms or fighters on event or just contact 086 3035412.

Thanks Wayne just give a shout if you want to come down.

• Advertisement

Is it possible to get another 7 men for the 8 man betting. e50 or e100 in an pick a name from a hat

winner gets e400 or e800.... not bad for sitting in the seats and guzzling beer

paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Amysk

8 man looks great hope I can get down to this one worth the journey its just having to listen to all those Cork accents does me head in. LOL!

righto

8 man betting syndicate

1. Paddy Clint
    2. Don Naughton

any one else?

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

8man line up change

Andy Gray has withdrawn so is replaced by

Joury Smans Team Iorn Holland
    Ranked Top 10 dutch independent rankings recent win in Surinam Slamm event.Nice solid come forward fighter.

Il have a lad wants some that action Paddy he wont be on this but sort on night.keep the spot as John boy Walton.

lads could split the cost and winnings if to rich for there blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭mugger

**** it paddy ill have in aswel,but only 50 euro,do we just pick the names out of the hat

€50 a piece then

Names drawn out of a hat, I hoping to get down if I am not away with fighters

will get someone like martn to draw them if hes not too busy :)

1. paddy clint
    2. don naughton
    3. john Boy walton
    4 niall molloy

need four more OR else we all get 2 names each and winner gets e200

thanks

Paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 26 coxyfoley

[IMG]http://www.sorklinmee.com/Siam Warriors/siam_poster_feb_2012.png[/IMG]

B class fights vs Dutch Team

Derek O Flynn Cobra vs Jermaine Puljhun Team Simson

Ross O rourke Siam Warriors vs Aimen Bentaahri Team Simson

ELaine McElliot Midelton vs Hafsa Debaiib Team Simson

Josh Tannion Mohamed El Messaoudi Team Simson

FTR 5X2mins
    Johnny Sheehan Siam Warriors vs Barry O Neill Spartan

A- Class 5x3mins Irish Irish Iska Muay Thai Title
    Dave Thunder O Brien vs Karl The Banger McCallig:)

2 Changes in 8man
    Seamus Cogan is out with his Gowt and Smans has broke his hand

They are replaced by
    Angelo Wilkes Team Gunyar Holland
    Yahia Abazia KO Gym London

Theres now about 400 tickets left for this event then it will be sold out.

• Advertisement

under card of c class fights also on event

ive a handfull of ringside seats left for this

C Class Fights on the card

Davy Walsh Siam Warriors vs Ray Douglas Dublin Thai 74kg

Liam Walsh Siam Warriors Vs Jer Tobin Champion Tralee 93kg

Christy Nolan Siam Warriors Vs Tim O Neill Spartan 74kg

Conor O Keffe Siam Warriors Vs Marcus Lash Wild Geese 71kg

Wessel Geldenhuys Siam Warriors Vs Shane Broderick Wild Geese 63kg

Barry O Conor Spartan Vs Marley Brennan Warriors Dublin 80kg

Adrian Manning Siam Warriors Vs Darren McCall Dublin Thai 69kg

Terry McCarthy Siam Warriors Vs Roman Dotherty Warriors Dublin 93kg

Mark O Mahony Siam Warriors Vs Pavel ChampionTralee 70kg

Steve O Mahony Siam Warriors Vs Robbie McMahon Dublin Thai 70kg

Got my ticket last night. Ill be shouting on Darren Cashman.

Should be fun.

Darren is training hard for it and looking forward to see who he gets in draw.

Tickets maybe gone before the door anyone who asked me to put tickets away if ye dont want them let me know please.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭cstlgr

one week to go looking forward to this. anyone in Galway looking for tickets I have a few left but going fast

betting

Right lads we need money, I assume don your going down to the fights, Martin aer you paying or John boy, mugger you going or how we getting the money from you

thanks

Paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭cstlgr

I will be there paddy will meet you before kick off

Paddy ya il get him sort Don and il have another lad also there be another 1 or 2 who will jump in no probs aswell.

All Fights still on.8 MAN LINE UP

JOSH PALMER SIAM WARRIORS IRELAND/CANADA

DARREN CASHMAN SIAM WARRIORS CORK IRELAND

ROG NG MUAY EIRE SIAM IRELAND

PANICUS YOUSF LIAMS GYM ENGLAND

ANGELO WILKES TEAM GUNYAR HOLLAND

MARTIN CONROY CASTLEGAR MT IRELAND

YAHIA ABAZIA KO GYM LONDON ENGLAND

PAUL BUDDEN CORK THAI IRELAND

Battle of Cork:) Ftr
    Irish 75kg Title Ftr
    Irish Fighters vs Dutch x4
    over 10 c-class

Ringside is sold out

Standard bleachers are still there for now

Doors are 5.45 1st fight 6.10pm
    8man Draw and quarters After 7.30

There will be no brakes try keep things going fast as possible.
    No Ram muays for c-class

2 bars ,Thai food ,Thai training equipment shop ,custom made gumshield moulding and Cmap trade stand.

Genral pat down and bag search at door no outside drink at venue.

• Advertisement

GENERAL I MENT

mugger out of it

Don
    Martin - john boy
    paddy

and one more. €50 each and you pick 2 fighters before the draw takes place.

Let me know if you get one more Martin

Paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭alanrebelsw

Good luck to everyone fighting on this show... Gonna be some night..hope darren or josh wins the cash......

All of the 8 Man fighters for the eliminator are weighed in and ready to go all are looking fit and lean at weigh in im sure a few them are goen blow up in size tomorrow.

Darek Flynn is now fighting Karl McCallig ,Karl steping up a few kgs to make this happen.

Josh Tannion opponent had visa probs along with Dereks so new Dutch opponent for Josh in the morning.

Tickets are on door still Doors at 6pm 6.15 1st fight.

Enjoy the show fight fans and those who want to moan about it dont go i wouldnt if i didnt like a show:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

martinh wrote: »
    All of the 8 Man fighters for the eliminator are weighed in and ready to go all are looking fit and lean at weigh in im sure a few them are goen blow up in size tomorrow.

Darek Flynn is now fighting Karl McCallig ,Karl steping up a few kgs to make this happen.

Josh Tannion opponent had visa probs along with Dereks so new Dutch opponent for Josh in the morning.

Tickets are on door still Doors at 6pm 6.15 1st fight.

Enjoy the show fight fans and those who want to moan about it dont go i wouldnt if i didnt like a show:)
    Do you have an idea of what time the show will be finished at roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 seamus cogan

The show is scheduled to end at 11.00pm Niall00. 1st fight 6.30 and they'll move at a fast pace from there

• Advertisement

Home and all for Match Of The Day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gary s

Best of luck to Martin conroy tonight

An amazing night of fights with the 8 man throwing up all different styles and techniques. The fight with Josh Palmer and Panicos Yusef was the best for me like watching speed chess or something. fight of the night had to be Derek and Karl anyone who saw it knows why.
    on a personal level my own four lads showed great heart and grit with 3 wins out of four for Barry Tim and Andy

I think on the back of this show, with so many world respected officials and fighters attending and giving positive feedback , check the threads on Ax Bill Judd, Tony Myers Liam Robinson posts reflect the level of Muay Thai on view, a serious question has to be asked as to why the IMC continue to ban participation at these events, if the aim is to make Muay Thai stronger in Ireland. Paddy Clint Walter Scott and Craig O Flynn all attended last night show and would attest to the quality of fights on view

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Very well run event, some great fights. Who won the tournament? i had to head away before it was finished

• Advertisement

Panicos won, he beat a fine Thai boxer in rob ng in the final. regarding imc surely its good to talk and maybe a way forward can be found..

. fight of the night had to be Derek and Karl anyone who saw it knows why.

What an insane fight that was. Karl should have been KOd 4 or 5 times before he finished it off. The crowd was going batshit mental throughout this as well.

I think on the back of this show, with so many world respected officials and fighters attending and giving positive feedback , check the threads on Ax Bill Judd, Tony Myers Liam Robinson posts reflect the level of Muay Thai on view, a serious question has to be asked as to why the IMC continue to ban participation at these events, if the aim is to make Muay Thai stronger in Ireland. Paddy Clint Walter Scott and Craig O Flynn all attended last night show and would attest to the quality of fights on view

I know there is probably a very long answer, but as briefly as possible, what is the issue the IMC has? Is it just silly politics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Netural

Silly politics.

Although I'm sure they would claim it's for the safety of IMC fighters, unregulated first aid, no official record of how many fights individual fighters have had etc, in reality it appears to be an attempt at lowering the quality of non-IMC promotions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

gimmick wrote: »
    What an insane fight that was. Karl should have been KOd 4 or 5 times before he finished it off. The crowd was going batshit mental throughout this as well.

Any videos of this fight?

a serious question has to be asked as to why the IMC continue to ban participation at these events, if the aim is to make Muay Thai stronger in Ireland. Paddy Clint Walter Scott and Craig O Flynn all attended last night show and would attest to the quality of fights on view

Seamus

I enjoyed the fights I try to get to any thai fights in the country if I am not away with fighters, regardless of who runs it, I thought Martins first show was savage

Fights on Saturday - yeah there were some very good muay thai bouts, some great shows of muay thai skills on display, some of the 8 man fighters were very good and well worth the drive down, as I had considered not going after Seamus and Andy Gray were pulled. I was very impressed with Robert Ng and had him as one of my bets.

Ross O Rourke I thought was exceptional and fighter of the night IMO, very clinical and very focussed and great to watch from a muay thai fight POV

and some of the thai fights were simply great fights, the crowd and myself included loved every second of it.

And Seamus you are right questions have to be asked, and its a two way street mate. I am not a voice for the IMC nor will I pretend to be, what I will say is this, and again its not to antagonise anyone, I have found that the IMC for me personally and my gym have done more good than harm and so for me I have no major problems.

It does seem a shame though seamus that no one wants to at least try get the ball rolling again, and see if we can get things worked through. I would love to lets my lads have a crack at some of yer lads and I am sure its vice versa there are some lovely fights in the making.

I will just ask this on the back of what Alanrebelsw asked, would any of ye be interested in meeting up for a chat, I had tried a month or 2 ago but it didnt really get off the ground

Most of us will be in cork on the 16th march and a bite of dinner and a few beers wouldnt be out of the question and see if we can move forward????

cheers Paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

Paddy fairplay for responding, its been my feeling for quite some time that too much cloak and dagger stuff has been going on, I have no doubt you would let your fighters on these shows and I've no doubt they would do well. I wouldnt agree thats its two way street in the sense that the IMC imposed the ban, which included judgeing on the show as well. however speaking for myself I am available to talk at any time so give us a shout when ye come to Cork

Fair play,imagine if everyone could work together(or at least not against each other)what could be achieved...we dont need any negativity on this subject just a way forward ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

I for one think it would be the most significant step forward in the past few years if all the clubs in the country could accomodate each other by talking to each other or allowing communication happen on their behalf through a third party as stated previously.

There is an amazing scope of talent in every club in the country IMC or not and it really is a shame they cannot get a chance to fight each other and see what happens.

The biggest challenge here is a willingness on both sides to drive forward and get a positive result.

I know there are a few old wounds and some would rather not have contact with the one another but that can be sorted out and no direct contact is needed in order to work together etc.

I see no reason why this cant happen.

Another big night of action in Neptune from raw aggression in fights right up to some major talent and skill.

The full rules 8 man was a 1st for me and in this country,every promoter i spoke to said stay away they are a disaster to run with endless pullouts.There were pull outs and changes but think it was well worth while.
    Darren who was our man in had a slow start with an always strong Martin Conroy ,both of them cut each other and Conroy landed a great jumping knee to Darren face also.Darren had a good finish coming forward but a well deserved win for Martin.

Best fight of the 8 man i seen was Josh vs Panicos ,Josh again a slow start and Panicos with excellent kicks and controlling Josh.Josh had an outstanding 3rd round but judges had in favour of Panicos.
    This fight would make a great 5round full fight.
    A big well done to Rob ng for reaching the final he got a few boos in the end for not engaging to the end but he was on his 9th round not an easy tack.
    Well done to all fighters and Panicos a well deserved winner over 3 fights.

I think the most talked about fight has to be the action in Derek vs Karl this went 1 way then the next i missed some of it but from what i heard and seen it was an outstanding crowd pleaser.1 or 2 inside leg kick would have them saved both fighters from all that lol.

For my own lads id losses at start from lads who are in there to give it ago there not under the illusions they goen be topping any bill.
    The twins from mine had hard fights vs experienced and always well schooled Dublin thai lads.They did well for them selves.

Ross had a nice clinical fight with an aggressive come forward dutch lad ,who had at weigh in insisted fighting twice when he knocked out ross he would knock out Josh Tannion lol whos fighter got stoped at plane.

Antisipated fight for Siam vs Dub thai members was Dave vs Ray this was a rematch and the 1st was an action packed battle ,for this 1 Dave came out of the traps fast against a a tank look alike Ray id pain in my head for this lol so i cant remember all.win for Dave.

Nice win for Conor using some clinical knees and clinch work for a stopage win.

Well done to all fighters and trainers.
    A big thank you to all the who helped out and took part.

• Advertisement
Advertisement