Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Siam Warriors 8man 5000euros

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭cstlgr

Great Show Martin , from our clubs perspective it was great to be involved in the 8 man as these dont come around too often and I know Conroy appreciated the opportunity. Great skills , action and entertainment all through the show, wont be easy to top this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 champski

Lads ye must have been at a different show to me sat night. The crowd was rough as f**k with 3 fights kicking off in the crowd and the Guards having to come in and patrol the hall and murder outside after and the fights were average at best. Probably two good fights on the whole show, Derek and Karl as mentioned above was a war other than that it was a bit of a joke tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭martinh

Guards are at the show from the start as thats is the norm when large events are held there.I met with them before and after and there wasnt a prob in anyway or complaint.
    There is well over the norm security requested so ever thing runs well at the shows.
    If some the big names in the 8 man didnt please you and were a joke i wouldnt go again,theres plenty more choice out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 champski

martinh wrote: »
    Guards are at the show from the start as thats is the norm when large events are held there.I met with them before and after and there wasnt a prob in anyway or complaint.
    There is well over the norm security requested so ever thing runs well at the shows.
    If some the big names in the 8 man didnt please you and were a joke i wouldnt go again,theres plenty more choice out there.
    I know what I saw there were 3 fights in the crowd.
    Aside from that the golden generation of muaythai in Cork is over. The superstars like yourself and others are either retired or near enough to it. Cian is the only quality fighter left on Lee side. I'm sick of going to shows to watch mismatched fights so the morons can see a few knockouts while the real fans who enjoy the skills as much are left feeling ripped off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

champski wrote: »
    I'm sick of going to shows to watch mismatched fights so the morons can see a few knockouts while the real fans who enjoy the skills as much are left feeling ripped off

Are you mad? Martin has put on some of the greatest shows Ireland has ever seen, with some of the biggest names on it, I don't even have to bother naming them.
    It's Thai, there are going to be knockouts and stoppages regardless of what level it's at. Personally I think giving Irelands fighters the opportunity to take on some of the top names in Europe can only be a good thing and something he should be thanked for not criticised.
    And I say this as someone unbiased. I train in a different organisation in a different part of the country and have no ties to Martin or his gym.

Advertisement