Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Renewal problem/question

Options
  • 15-11-2011 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭

I the country earlier this year and as a result don't have any bank details or anything left in Ireland. My Xbox Live renewal date has just passed and I want to pay it off. The thing is, I can get it for cheaper over here than I could in Ireland (£40 v €60) so rather than organise for it to be paid in Ireland, I want to pay it from here. Also, I don't want to do it through MS as they're the one's charging me the €60 whereas Play.com are doing it for £40.

I can't remove my existing credit card from my account as it says I have an outstanding amount owed on it, which is a bit daft.

Has anyone done this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

You will have to pay for any new subs using Euro as the console was first registered in Ireland. You can not change billing country.

You should be able to get a Euro sub online easy enough and use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Thanks - so could I buy (or get my brother to buy) 12 months membership fromo Play.com? As in, do I have to buy it through the Xbox site?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

You can buy it from Play.com or anywhere else if you like. All you need is the code from it to enter on your console.

Advertisement