Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Warfare 3 weird lag

Options
  • 15-11-2011 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭

I'm trying to play Mw3 right now but the second I go to multiplayer it has terrible frame rate. I try to change class but trying to select a gun can take 45 seconds. And when I finally get into a lobby (which takes forever) it freezes my xbox for 10 seconds at a time. Once the match starts it runs at what looks like 5 FPS even though I'm one of the few people in the game to have a 4 bar. Am I the only one this is happening to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

No its happening to everyone me thinks. Had it happen to me a few times now. Just reset your xbox and router if it occurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

I'm getting something like this at the Multiplayer Logon screen. Switch Xbox off and on sorts it but its happened twice now in the last two days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Phew thought it was just me as I just bought the mw3 console and thought it was on the way out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

I resetted my Xbox a few times and no luck but after a few hours it was working grand again. Hopefully IW get a patch out for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Phew thought it was just me as I just bought the mw3 console and thought it was on the way out!

Ooh MW3 Console nice! How does it look irl? I like the look of it from the pics I saw of it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ooh MW3 Console nice! How does it look irl? I like the look of it from the pics I saw of it

Honestly, it's just as nice irl as it is in the vids/pics. the controllers are nice too.

Anyways, back on topic, it seems to have been a once off for me. Logged some denent hours over the last few days and no more problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

A Little tip I read which seems to have helped, Turn off Theatre mode in the options menu. It appears to have slightly improved the lag and also the voice chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

I got that lag and I switched off the xbox for the night. I'd say it's major traffic etc because I never get it during the day. I'd agree the theatre mode is not helping things.
    It's always lag that makes me play badly :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

This was just a once off for me. My connection on Mw3 99 times out of 100 is 4 bars which is really enjoyable, and I had the theatre mode switched off and also I was playing in the afternoon when only 160k people were online, so I found it un-usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Happened to me then i removed the game from my HDD... Works better now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 pdidit

Have the same thing happen to me. the xbox begins going slow when looking for online game (has to be noted i've 1mb broadband). i when into a private match and the console was still going slow. only when i went out of multiplayer did the xbox speed up. I think it's an issue with the game

Advertisement