Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget 2012??

Options
  • 15-11-2011 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

So any idea about what changes are going to be made in budget 2012 that will affect mature students...BTEA etc?

I'm sure there will be some changes..I'm hoping to go back to college next September so I'm a bit nervous!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

I'd say it's safe to say we're going to get a cut across the board. I'm in third year and have lost money for each of the budgets since I started...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pity Thanks

Things look bleak

I really want to go to college next year but there's no way I'd be able to pay course fees

I wouldn't qualify for BTEA, and I could get over not getting a €1200 grant, but the fees for the course I'm interested in are way out of my budget range

Hopefully free fees will remain, along with the registration fee payment, otherwise I'll have to cancel any hopes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

eire-kp wrote: »
    So any idea about what changes are going to be made in budget 2012 that will affect mature students...BTEA etc?

I'm sure there will be some changes..I'm hoping to go back to college next September so I'm a bit nervous!

Im in same boat. I dreading this budget as without the BTEA I wont be able to go to college. Yet the government says we need to upskill and all that but when people try to we might not be able too. :eek:

Advertisement