Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magento on Blacknight shared hosting

Options
  • 15-11-2011 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I have a magento re-direct problem when trying to enter checkout into https, I get a browser message telling me that.....

"Too many redirects occurred trying to open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page."

I have scoured the forums, but cant find anything specific to my problem and blacknight have not been able to sort me out.

It must be an magento issue, but specific to blacknights shared hosting. Symlink is in place. Other people would have to have had similar issues.

Its probably something simple, but any help would be appreciated.

Hope im in the right forum!

Kind Regards
    Colin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

As this is potentially a support issue you might be better off trying the Talk to Blacknight forum.

The other issue is we don't allow discussion of hosting companies here for reasons outlined in the forum charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Moved to Talk to Blacknight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Sounds like it's possibly a problem with the redirects set up in your .htaccess, creating a loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lockhartg

Colinsher wrote: »
    I have a magento re-direct problem when trying to enter checkout into https, I get a browser message telling me that.....

"Too many redirects occurred trying to open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page."

I have scoured the forums, but cant find anything specific to my problem and blacknight have not been able to sort me out.

It must be an magento issue, but specific to blacknights shared hosting. Symlink is in place. Other people would have to have had similar issues.

Its probably something simple, but any help would be appreciated.

Hope im in the right forum!

Kind Regards
    Colin

Hi Colin did you ever resolve this problem, I am having the EXACT same issues. Symlinks setup and all still happening.

Advertisement