Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for sheeps: Wensleydale, Cotswold, Lincoln etc

• 15-11-2011 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello!

I'd like to buy some sheeps for hobbyfarming next year.
    I'am looking for Wenselydale, Cotswold and Lincoln or other long wool sheeps.

I was hoping anyone could give me a hint where to find them in Ireland.
    Thanks in advance
    Sophie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Highland

Dont think you'll get too much choice in Ireland. Go to UK and you'll have lots of choice - bringing them over is not a big deal - register with DAFM and get a licenced hauler to bring them over - there are lots of guys with cattle trucks going over to UK on a weekly basis and coming back empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 felis

Thank you! I almost thought they would be hard to get in Ireland.

I think it might be very expensive to import them - I could imagine that there are lots of regulations and hight verterinary costs?

I'am quite new in Ireland (only since June) and I have problems to find the right people to ask for.

If I google for example how to import sheeps from UK I got lots of infos how to import them to Northern Ireland ......

Maybe anyon hase done that before or know where I could find infos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Highland

All you need to do is to register with the Deptartment of Agriculture & Marine (in Dublin) as an importer of livestock. Simple application form and then at least 24hrs before the animals are to come in you need to post or fax Vet 1A form - not a big deal either.

The paperwork and Vet stuff is carried out by the Vendor and his/her Vet Could cost around £100 or so.

If you find out who in your area exprots livestock to UK then they will prob bring them back for you - haver heard of prices from 40 -100 per sheep - for small consignemtents. If you having trouble finding someone PM me and I'll give you my contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 felis

your post is very helpful!

I will contact you per pm for your contacts - that would help a lot. I would like to get the sheep in spring so there is some time :)

Advertisement