Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&B's in December

Options
  • 15-11-2011 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

My xmas party is on the 16th of December and I'm looking for a reasonably cheap b&b for the night in or near the city centre. I'm really only looking for a bed for the night, I can do without the breakfast. I've googled a few places already but they all seem to be anywhere €35 to €50 for a single person for the night. Anyone know somewhere cheap I can throw my head down for a few hours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

€35 sounds like the going rate on most bnb's..You could try Sheilas Hostel here www.sheilashostel.ie

I havent stayed there myself but know a few who have and said it was great..The walk up the hill is a bit of a dose but other than that it seems quite good..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

35's cheap enough. If you want cheaper you'll definitely have to go down the Hostel route. Sheila's is one option, Kinlay House is another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Owen wrote: »
    35's cheap enough. If you want cheaper you'll definitely have to go down the Hostel route. Sheila's is one option, Kinlay House is another.

And Bru is a third http://www.bruhostel.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

1) Throw down an oul tent near Electric and make various denouncements of "the Man"?

2) make no plan, but rush around the nightclub in desperation for a "score" about ten minutes before closing?

35 seems cheap for party season, what would you think would be a reasonable rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

I suppose I was hoping for the impossible to get a place for €25 to €30.

• Advertisement
Advertisement