Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will athy be upgraded to NGB

Options
  • 15-11-2011 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi lads just wondering when the athy area will be upgraded to NGB that 50gb download limit is killing me at the moment

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

mememo wrote: »
    Hi lads just wondering when the athy area will be upgraded to NGB that 50gb download limit is killing me at the moment

Hi mememo,

Can you private message mw with your telephone number please to look into your query in detail.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

You do know that the limit doesn't apply on non NGB packages??
    If you sign up for NGB Basic you will have an enforced limit of 10GB and €2 per GB of over usage.

If you go for NGB regular or above your limit is 250GB

Even tough your limit says 50GB they won't overcharge for exceeding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mememo

jay93 wrote: »
    If you sign up for NGB Basic you will have an enforced limit of 10GB and €2 per GB of over usage.

Are you sure about this as i want to start using steam and would be looking at around 100gb a month easy €2 for every extra GB would not be a fun bill :eek: . Im on the 7mb package at the moment so i have a 50gb limit which was ok a few years ago but now i could probably max that in a week or so with out really trying to hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

jay93 wrote: »

At the moment eircom do not charge any excess download charges on the standard broadband packages. Although eircom do reserve the right to charge as per the broadband terms and conditions - "to charge for exceeding the download allowance on a customers package". Effectively what that means is that a customer is free to exceed the download allowance without penalty.

However be aware that a very small percentage of customers who are on the standard broadband packages who continually have extremely high usage will be sent out warning letters warning that the usage is to high and may be charged excess usage if the usage pattern continues.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

Are you sure about this as i want to start using steam and would be looking at around 100gb a month easy €2 for every extra GB would not be a fun bill :eek: . Im on the 7mb package at the moment so i have a 50gb limit which was ok a few years ago but now i could probably max that in a week or so with out really trying to hard

mememo, I'm in Athy and download a LOT every month (Steam is the biggest culprit!). Never had eircom say a thing about exceeding my dload limit :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Yeah you should be fine to go over the limit as per marks post!!
    I've seen loads of people go over it alot and never get charged anything extra!!:)

Thanks for all the help guys looks like ill be picking up a new graphics card for Christmas this year :)

Oh and for anyone thats wondering eircom said ngb in the athy area should be up around the end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

mememo, any chance you could post back here when your account is upgraded?
    I am waiting for the NGB to go live in Athy before moving back to Eircom.

Will do ....... if i remember

Anyone here know what we will be upgraded too at the moment im on Up to 7Mb broadband and my father also in the Athy area is on Up to 3Mb broadband

Got the upgrade today Im outside of athy on the carlow road and im getting 12mb which im very happy with

Now all i have to do is upgrade my graphics card and go pillage steam =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 crysis1977

im up beside the firestation in athy and not even getting 1mb.

just got ngb enabled and now getting 6.97mbs over the moon way better than 1mbs thats what they told me my line would only hold with ngb.

Good for you not only is there a speed increase but your download limit is now 250gb a month if you have eircom Next Generation Broadband Regular or eircom Next Generation Broadband Ultimate

may upgrade to regular only on basic at the moment 10gb allowance.

Advertisement