Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New to me.

• 15-11-2011 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

C&C.

I can’t say I stepped outside my comfort zone as I don’t have one. If it has not got two wheels and going fast I really don’t know what I am doing.

I tried some still life and street photography this weekend and I would like your thoughts on some samples.

I tried this with a shallow DOF which is not maybe the norm.

6345515718_b8f7174d94.jpg
    3 by bigjoephotos, on Flickr

6344767571_09e5e1a8d9.jpg
    8-a (1) by bigjoephotos, on Flickr

Thanks,

Joe.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭milos

found a new comfort zone bigjoe
    They are very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Tbh, the DOF isn't terribly shallow, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

#2 would of being great if the guy was looking at you.nice touch in b+w tho

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

An awful lot wrong with the still life, sorry.

For starters, there appears to be a load of dead leaves on the fruit, why?

Secondly, it's quite clear that you just grabbed a few pieces of fruit from your fruit bowl. You should pay careful attention to what fruit you use. This may sound a little funny but picking the right fruit makes all the difference. It's all about attention to detail. Picking fresh, ripe and fruit with no bruises or scars will help with the overall aesthetic. Unless of course battered and bruised fruit is is part of the shoot/brief.

The lighting for me is also all over the place. The piece should be back lit and what I would do is light each piece of fruit individually and bring it all together in PS.

Also small things like the position of the box. It is slightly off for me.

So IMO a lot of work needs doing. Hope this helps and doesn't come across the wrong way.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bigjoe

Thanks for the feedback folks and no thefly you didn’t come across the wrong way. As I said it is new to me and I want to learn. I had put the leaves in to help show the DOF but I see what you mean.

Joe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement