Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creams to remove hair on chest\back

• 15-11-2011 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any good over the counter creams, keep getting itch on chest lately after gym so i started shaving, gets a bit tiresome after a while, back isnt that bad or shoulders, just wondering if anyone could recommend a cream a guy could use, thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Boots do their own hair removal cream and it's very good. It doesn't smell bad either, which a lot of creams do so it's something to bear in mind when picking one.

Veet do a hair removal cream for men that might be worth consideration.

Hair removal creams will only give you maybe week or so before regrowth starts back. Would you consider waxing? You'd get longer out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

hi thanks for the post, i have , but i could handle a week at a time, as opposed to waxing, (have heard bad things from exes\gfs etc) how long would it last and how long would it have to be before getting it done?? Is that boots cream for men as well, thanks again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

If you wax you could get up to 4 weeks hair free before regrowth started but then you would need to wait a week or so for the hair to be long enough to wax again. Generally the hair needs to be a couple of mm before waxing will be effective. On the plus side though, the more you wax the finer the regrowth becomes over time and you may even find that the hair stops growing completely. (Waxing sometimes pulls the follicle out.)

The Boots cream is unisex I think. It's just in a white box and if I remember correctly it's five or six quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

If you wax you could get up to 4 weeks hair free before regrowth started but then you would need to wait a week or so for the hair to be long enough to wax again. Generally the hair needs to be a couple of mm before waxing will be effective. On the plus side though, the more you wax the finer the regrowth becomes over time and you may even find that the hair stops growing completely. (Waxing sometimes pulls the follicle out.)

The Boots cream is unisex I think. It's just in a white box and if I remember correctly it's five or six quid.

Cheers thanks again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

Waxing shouldnt hurt that much, if the person doing it is doing it correctly the pain level is minimal...its well worth considering waxing, you get so much longer out of it and its a lot better than smothering so much skin in a chemical thats going deep into your pores...
    If theres a salon near you that uses Lycon wax thats meant to be a lot more pleasant!

• Advertisement
Advertisement