Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook PDF Corruption Problem

Options
  • 15-11-2011 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Hope this is posted in the right forum.

We changed domain providers during the week and as a result whenever we download our email from the domains server any pdf attachments get corrupted. We can view emails and attachments on the web interface but once they get pulled down to outlook the corruption takes place.

Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭swampgas

Is it just PDFs? What about word docs, or zip files? Do you have any special anti-malware scanning of email attachments that might be the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭bigmanhole

Hi, mainly just PDF files. Have had no problem with other file types. I dont have any malware or special anti virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭swampgas

Sounds bizarre, TBH. Are you saving the PDFs from Outlook and opening with Acrobat, or what? Have you tried opening them with something like Foxit Reader instead of Acrobat?

It is really bizarre and annoying - I just double click from outlook and adobe loads and tries to open the file as normal.

It only started happening since we changed provider so it must be their fault - but their reply is that it can be opened on their server and webmail interface prior to me downloading it to outlook so they do have a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Is it happening to all users or just you? Try saving the pdf to your computer first and then open from there. Also, try a different pdf reader as suggested above.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

So,you have POP3 accounts and configured them in Outlook !? There is no email server between your email client and ISP !?

Are you using some local POP3 antivirus scanner that hasn't been properly configured with the new account !?

If you are using Microsoft Outlook 200x,try Outlook Express on a XP box or another email client...

Also,go in Event Viewer and see in Application Log,what Adobe or Outlook is 'saying' about process !

Good luck...

Thanks guys, the provider moved our account from one of their servers to another and that solved the problem i think

Advertisement