Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loughrea entertainment?

Options
  • 15-11-2011 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all, was going to go to this drama festival thing on in Loughrea this weekend but don't know if it's my kind of thing. Anyone heard of the Seamus o Kelly players? Are they the same group that did a funny matchmaker thing a few years ago? Also where is the library - can't see it being in the co.co building near the lake!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wadiemartin

Hi mollybgud,
    Martin wade here, im the chairperson of the seumas o kelly players.
    Firstly, yes we are the same group that did "A woman for mike" few years ago.
    This production entails snippets for lots of well known classic playwrites such as Martin Mc Donagh, Brian Friel, John B Keane, Tom Murphy, and lots more.
    It will be a very entertaining evening of drama, with some very funny snippets throughout the night.
    Tickets are available from connaughtons foodstore barrack street loughrea
    tickets bought in advance advisable as seating is limited.
    Anymore info, contact me on <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

The library is in the old church of Ireland. There should be a sign for it on the main street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mollybgud

Thanks Martin and Greaney for the information. I think I'll go on Friday night so, love to see how the church turned library turned theater will work out. Love to hear there's a Tom Murphy play - Which one?
    PS loved the Woman for Mike play - is the Mike actor anything like that in real life?:D Do you all meet up somewhere after?

Hi guys,
    Meant to say, show is on this Thurs 17th to Sunday 20th at 8:30 in the Library loughrea,( just off main street).
    A great nights entartainment promised.

The tom murphy play is, A Crucial week in the life of a grocers assistant, and poor mike is happly married sence we put that play on. ( mike was ME)..........

• Advertisement
Advertisement