Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

moving countries

• 15-11-2011 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭

Do you think we should be allowed too just pack up and move to any country we wanted with out all these visas etc that you need now too move to a different country

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

Pretty much exactly what I did to move to Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I dunno, has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

United States of Eurasiamericafrica?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I do believe in free travel but I also believe that states should have the ability to scrutinise whom they are letting in too.
    If that process means getting their entry permission by the use of a VISA (or equivalent), its something we will have to live with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

i've heard that if you move south america and africa around, they fit together like a jig-saw...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

cena wrote: »
    Do you think we should be allowed too just pack up and move to any country we wanted with out all these visas etc that you need now too move to a different country

You don't need visas and are free to move to any country in the EU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

jester77 wrote: »
    You don't need visas and are free to move to any country in the EU.

OUtside of the eu I am on about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

i've heard that if you move south america and africa around, they fit together like a jig-saw...

If they did that, they could have a new continent called Corruption Central.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

cena wrote: »
    OUtside of the eu I am on about

No! bad idea IMO.
    Without checks what is to stop someone committing crimes in one country and then skipping to a new country and starting all over again?

It would be hard for a country to plan public expenditure for hospitals and public services and the like if they could not estimate how much the population was going to increase over the coming years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

red menace wrote: »
    No bad idea IMO

Without checks what is to stop someone committing crimes in one country and then skipping to a new country and starting all over again?

The Importance of punctuation perhaps?

No Bad Idea - it's not a bad idea at all
    No, bad idea - No, it's not a good idea at all...

Who really knows?
    :D;):p:pac::):rolleyes:

YES,,, HEIL GRAMMAR !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If there were no immigration controls or visas, by the time you reached Australia for example, there wouldn't be enough room left, because half of Asia would have got there first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Alfred Wegener noticed the same thing in about 1911. And the rest is, as they say, history. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

Not everyone wants too move and are very happy in the country they are living in. But people would love too be able too stay a long time in one country with out having too pay for visas etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Alfred Wegener noticed the same thing in about 1911. And the rest is, as they say, history. :)
    i thought it was more like geography...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Sher why not. We let everyone else in here to claim as much as possible on welfare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Al Qaeda loves your thinking.

Advertisement