Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Parrot Car Kit.

Options
  • 15-11-2011 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi Folks, looking for some assistance regarding faulty parrot hands free kit. Basically I was was on the hands free when i lost connection looked at the parrot hands free and noticed the unit had lost power. Does anyone know of a fuse that goes or is the unit pardon the pun goosed??!!
    Cheers..

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is it one of these.?
    3574l.jpeg

I have one the last couple of years. Never been right. I have been onto Parrot Support numerous times & tried numerous different software builds.
    Its never been right.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AeroKid

parrot_ck3100_bluetooth_carkit.jpg
    Its the ck3100, worked ok is all, it often lost connection with the phone and would reconnect itself a minute later, but alas not anymore!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mrdata

AeroKid wrote: »
    parrot_ck3100_bluetooth_carkit.jpg
    Its the ck3100, worked ok is all, it often lost connection with the phone and would reconnect itself a minute later, but alas not anymore!:mad:

Faulty contolbox or a soft wear upgrade needed

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try the Software Update Tool available here
    http://www.parrot.com/usa/support/downloads

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

I have the MKi9200 (the picture in post #2) and the buttons are very unresponsive. Could this just be a software issue or a faulty device?

• Advertisement

Have you checked the battery in the remote?

KoolKid wrote: »

There's a battery in the remote? I thought it's wired into the car. i might wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

KoolKid wrote: »

This
    I have the same unit and replacing the battery in the remote brought it back to its original responsivness (getting to the battery is a bit of a pita though)

I have that model 3 plus year without a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There's a battery in the remote? I thought it's wired into the car. i might wrong.

indeed you are entirely wrong. the MKI9200 only has a bluetooth remote which is wireless. It may be stuck somewhere but it certainly isnt wired.

This
    I have the same unit and replacing the battery in the remote brought it back to its original responsivness (getting to the battery is a bit of a pita though)

I have that model 3 plus year without a problem

I found this

It doesn't look all that bad.

• Advertisement

No, the Mki9200 has a remote control with a battery.
    That get the remote working better. The unit switching off/on is the main problem I have had all along with this device.

listermint wrote: »
    indeed you are entirely wrong. the MKI9200 only has a bluetooth remote which is wireless. It may be stuck somewhere but it certainly isnt wired.

I said i might be wrong, there's no need to be an arse and say something that is entirely unhelpful

Thanks everyone else for helping me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mrdata

Also you might need to pair the remote with the kit again once you replace the gattery. you do this but turning on the ignition and waiting until the parrot sign goes off the screen. As soon as this happens you push and hold 5 buttons (red, green and the 3 music buttons) and hokd thrm for a few seconds

Thanks for all the help, i seem to have it working now.

Advertisement