Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5000 unique users No Budget using long tie

Options
  • 15-11-2011 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi everyone
    I run 2 websites one of them is new with 5000 uu steelengineering.ie and I have 4 times more traffic then here wdlengineering.com 4 years old domain

I try to do long tie strategy for both and cant understand why domain with long history has less traffic

Any ideas why is that?

I have no budget so maybe someone know directories.ie with PR at least 5 for free listings without non folow directly link with anchor ?

any ideas?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

steelengineering.ie is just a lot more memorable. I want steel and/or engineering. The other I have to remember three letters and engineering.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭market myself online

try buying the software scrapebox to find good quality domains.

then get angelas backlinks for $5 per month

then look for george samios free backlink newsletter

then just google your keyword + .edu/.gov + "register" (this will bring up forums to get links from)

then google your keyword + directory + "submit" (this will bring up the submission page for directories listed in google for your keyword)

hmm that should give you a few hundred per month.

Make sure to link using both your keyword and the actual url of your websites at the anchor text.

I wouldn't worry about high pr backlinks, pr doesnt really affect your rankings anymore, a few will help, but alot of high pr might actually flag your website as being dodgy.

Consistency is the key, the rate at which backlinks are applied to your website are one of the indicators to google as to whether to hold your website in the rankings or drop it after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

farmerka wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    I run 2 websites one of them is new with 5000 uu steelengineering.ie and I have 4 times more traffic then here wdlengineering.com 4 years old domain

I try to do long tie strategy for both and cant understand why domain with long history has less traffic

Any ideas why is that?

I have no budget so maybe someone know directories.ie with PR at least 5 for free listings without non folow directly link with anchor ?

any ideas?

thanks

What is 'long tie'? Do you mean 'long tail'?

The reason the first domain is probably getting more traffic is probably because it's a keyword rich/semantic domain name.

You didn't specify where the traffic is coming from, but if it's Ireland another reason would be that Google gives preference to a .ie over a .com (assuming geotargetting hasn't been set in webmaster tools) on an Irish search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jhon.89

It can be only two things:

1. You didn't do keyword research very well.
    2. There is a lot of competition for your keyword.

Tip: Try to build much more backlinks to your site with keyword in anchor text.

Advertisement