Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stainless mod

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

clivej wrote: »
    What diameter and length is that mod, please???

moderator_results.jpg
    http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/guns/rifles/381445/17HMR_calibre_sound_moderators_review_.html

its the LEI

I really like the look of the LEI myself now. Its short and it looks like it would be nearly flush with the diameter of the heavy barrel ( must check the diameter of it.)

Shame i cant find a stainless/aluminium bi-pod. ordered a cheap knock off one and going to see how it looks from a can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

garv123 wrote: »

Shame i cant find a stainless/aluminium bi-pod. ordered a cheap knock off one and going to see how it looks from a can.

Did you ever get the Cheap'o stainless/aluminum bi-pod, and if so any chance of putting up a pic.
    I also wanted a stainless or Aluminum moderator but already had a black one so i polished it up on a wheel, It's not great but not bad either, anyway it saved me having to buy a new one.

PC060005.jpg

PC060009.jpg

I half scrapped the silver scope/bipod idea since it was so hard to find a silver bipod, and when i was looking at scopes i could have a much better normal matte black scope for the price of a half decent silver one.

I did order a cheap bi-pod that i was going to spray silver for the craic but it hasnt arrived yet, a month later.

that mod looks well. must have taken abit of time.

It was a quick sand and about an hour on the polishing wheel.
    Not a bad job really but it shows all the finger prints up,
    easy to do and it was this or nothing.
    I'm waiting on a Boyds stock from America and i'll put a picture up with the new stock and the silver moderator when it comes, Should be this week hopefully. :D

• Advertisement

hope it turns out good for you.

I was having ideas of having all the hmr silver since the stock is the marlin917vs and i taught that would look good with the stainless barrel, mounts, scope, bi-pod, mod and a urban camo. ah wel i can dream :rolleyes:

I have the Ruger 10/22 in stainless so i had similar thoughts but it never works out,
    I have the stainless Mod, and i bought a Red dot scope in silver but it's just for looks,
    I also bought a few old wooden stocks off ebay and i'm nearly finished the first one in a Urban camo paint job, I might put up a pic but then again i might be to embarrassed, I'll wait to see how it looks when it's finished.

Advertisement