Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coca cola Xmas Advert is BACK.

• 15-11-2011 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

Ya you know Xmas in near when that advert is back on your TV. Same ad as last year

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

You know Christmas is about a month and a half away when that starts coming on the telly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Is that the one with the convoy of red trucks and the words "Holidays are Coming" repeated over and over ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Its officially Christmas on the 25th December not when some tv ad starts

• Advertisement

For me Christmas begins when I hear this lovely voice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I dont understand why Coke needs advertising. I mean its coke everyone knows its there and tastes good why do we need a christmas ad...

Same with nappies and panty liners do really need to be told you need them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

i miss the polar bear coke ads :(

I dont understand why Coke needs advertising. I mean its coke everyone knows its there and tastes good why do we need a christmas ad...

Same with nappies and panty liners do really need to be told you need them :confused:

You need Coca-Cola? :confused:

Advertising is as much to maintain awareness as it is to simply create it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

they could wait until December at least IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Dotrel wrote: »
    You need Coca-Cola? :confused:

Advertising is as much to maintain awareness as it is to simply create it.
    Im down to two litres a day... Yeah i knda need it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Why not. It continues to promote their brand And reduces their tax liability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The Coca Cola one is sh1t compared to this:

These kids are probably all geriatrics now.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭chiloutus

People need that reinforcement that its there & it tastes nice. Plus how many times have you seen an ad for food and gone 'jaysus I'd murder one of those! :pac:

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The Coca Cola one is sh1t compared to this:

These kids are probably all geriatrics now.:(

Like most child-stars of the 80s they are now :
    1) covered in tatoos
    2) broke
    3) incredibly ugly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I hear Coca Cola and a big Panty Liner company are going to amalgamate and be known in future as Always Coca Cola.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Now that was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Ah Christmas. Where every brand tries to save a penny by airing the same ads as last year thinking those with short term memories won't notice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Christmas can fúck off til' at least the 1st of Dec and even at that it goes on far too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I need that lorry to come to my house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Everywhere I look I see the coke brand, every sporting event, every event, the ads are on every half hour at xmas and i still think the stuff is moxy, I never liked it. Is there something wrong with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Ya you know Xmas in near when that advert is back on your TV. Same ad as last year

ah nice! Cheers :) I haven't seen it yet myself though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Love their cute polar bears

http://i.imgur.com/zgxLN.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

St.Spodo wrote: »
    You know Christmas is about a month and a half away when that starts coming on the telly.

That and the Littlewoods Xmas Ad, the O2 Xmas Ad, the Vodafone one, the Budwessier one, the Sky one...........

Its friggin Novemeber for frigs sake.

Bah Humbug.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Great advert.

DominoDub wrote: »
    Love their cute polar bears

http://i.imgur.com/zgxLN.jpg

Nice that they're getting into the christmas spirit by putting a bit of red about the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

My own personal favourite

"Pennys
    Got a whole lotta sh1t for christmas
    Gota lot for the family
    La,la,la,la
    La,la,la,la"

You know the rest.Sing along now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

anyone have a xmas tree up yet

Thats what a friend of mine said on facebook earlier :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

this one is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

I think the song sounds kind of sinister, at least the initial humming of 'holidays are comin'.

Sounds even more sinister when you sing 'communism's coming'. FACT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

yep as someone said to maintain awareness. i used to work in retail and i noticed the declining popularity of sales for Pepsi in Ireland. but then again, they stopped advertising heavily in this country for whatever reason

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Anyone know what year that coke ad first appeared?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭chrissb7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuNauv16zQ8

Now that is a christmas ad!

I don't know why some people hate christmas ads such as the coca cola ones! they've been around since i was a child and bring up great feelings for me and they're well done.A month before ok.....but the bloody ads for hampers and vodafone can go to a rotten place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I love the Coca Cola Christmas ad, but it's just way, way too soon for me. I don't like all of the decorations being up everywhere, the Christmas CD on repeat in the shops or the constant bombardment of Christmas/toy ads. I haven't at all been feeling very "Christmassy" for the last couple of years and I think it's due to premature overexposure tbh.

Leave me alone until December!

Advertisement