Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer jersey

Options
  • 15-11-2011 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi,

Can't post in soccer thread so hope someone here can help. I'd like to buy a vintage Manchester United jersey for my boyfriend.There are a few available for F.A. finals from different years. I am just wondering if there is any year which would have particular importance to a mad Man U fan or if any of them would be good?

Really appreciate any help on this,

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

shellycub wrote: »
    Hi,

Can't post in soccer thread so hope someone here can help. I'd like to buy a vintage Manchester United jersey for my boyfriend.There are a few available for F.A. finals from different years. I am just wondering if there is any year which would have particular importance to a mad Man U fan or if any of them would be good?

Really appreciate any help on this,

Thanks!!
    Depends how retro you want to go. 1999 with the treble was a big deal but it's only 12 years ago so may not be seen quite as retro just yet.
    Is it just FA Cup ones you are interested in?

What about Champions Cup?? Their first win in 1968 would be very retro and significant achievement also - was also the first European cup win for an English side.

Particularly significant considering the Munich air disaster, 10 years earlier and te complete rebuilding of the club following that tragedy

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

A 95/96 or a 98/99 Jersey would be ideal; failing that a 67/68 one would be cool

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭shellycub

nope not just FA ones, had been looking at the 1960's one alright just wasn't sure if there was a story but think I might go with that one now, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

shellycub wrote: »
    nope not just FA ones, had been looking at the 1960's one alright just wasn't sure if there was a story but think I might go with that one now, thanks!
    I've edited my post to give a couple of more specifics.

I think it would be a great gift for a man utd fan. Very nice thought and I'm sure he'd be delighted with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭shellycub

Thanks for the help, hopefully he will be, not feeling very inspired for what else to get at the minute but I'm sure it will come! :)

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 moggy88

HI,

Can anyone tell me if kitbag.com sell genuine jerseys or are they knockoff's.

Can't find the jersey/jacket anywhere else & need it for christmas present!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

brimg him over to a match !!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

moggy88 wrote: »
    HI,

Can anyone tell me if kitbag.com sell genuine jerseys or are they knockoff's.

Can't find the jersey/jacket anywhere else & need it for christmas present!

They sell genuine merchandise and always very good with delivery and reliability.
    Have used them many times.
    Normally each weekend they have some special offer for postage deals so keep an eye on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 moggy88

thanks andrew wasn't sure about ordering from them, a least thats one present covered

Advertisement