Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Blackberry on Irish networks?

Options
  • 15-11-2011 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hoping you guys can help me with this question.
    My husband has a Blackberry 9630 that he has had since we were living in the US. He really loves it and would prefer not to buy a new phone.
    Do you know if it would work here with an Irish network SIM card?
    Would he need to do anything to it, unlock it maybe?
    In case it makes a difference, it was bought from and used on the Sprint network.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

MaudL wrote: »
    Hoping you guys can help me with this question.
    My husband has a Blackberry 9630 that he has had since we were living in the US. He really loves it and would prefer not to buy a new phone.
    Do you know if it would work here with an Irish network SIM card?
    Would he need to do anything to it, unlock it maybe?
    In case it makes a difference, it was bought from and used on the Sprint network.
    Thanks!

It should work, it looks like that model is a "world phone"? If it is, then it may be that the SIM slot is already unlocked and ready for use - I don't believe SPRINT lock their SIM slots, but the CDMA side of the phone can only be used on SPRINT. A quick check on a SPRINT or BB forum might be the best bet.
    I think Vodafone and Meteor are the networks that offer BB services on Pay as you go, 3 dont, not sure about o2.

Advertisement