Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC Undergraduate Scholarships

• 15-11-2011 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi everyone,

First time poster, long-time lurker!

I was wondering if anyone knows when UCC Undergraduate Scholarships are awarded? I'm currently a second years Arts student, was informed that I'm eligible for a scholarship based on my first year results, and submitted my application last week. I'm now playing the waiting game *twiddles thumbs*

Anyone know when I'm going to be put out of my misery? D'ya reckon they'll be awarded before Christmas? Otherwise it's gonna be a pretty lean year in the old Sniglet household...

Any info would be much (much!) appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Son of Sniglet

Bump.

Anybody? Any bit of info greatly appreciated. Any of you cats ever win one of these bad boys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

I won an undergrad scholarship twice. They're having ye jumping through hoops and making applications for these? Strange. I was just informed in a letter that I'd been awarded one. Times must be very lean indeed.

The ceremony was in February, and still is as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 KellieM

Hey, I won an undergrad scholarship last year. Psych student here but since App Psych is currently under the Arts faculty I think all the awards are awarded together. I applied in Nov/Dec of 2010 and heard nothing until early April 2011 where I was notified I'd won and that the ceremony was in a week's time. By that time I'd sorta forgotten about it so it was a lovely surprise :D best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

I applied for one last week, had to put in the how I'd my achievements in UCC and the wider community and a description of my long term goals in my area of study. Not too hopeful that I'll get the scholarship seeing as I just barely got a 1.1 but hopefully my waffle will get me something! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Son of Sniglet

Thanks for the replies folks, appreciate it.
    I'd hoped it'd be awarded sooner rather than later though! Dang...

Still, better late than never, wha? IF I get it, that is. I'm being highly presumptuous here!

Thanks for the feedback though. If anyone else wants to weigh in and tell me that they were awarded theirs before Christmas then go right ahead. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Thanks for the replies folks, appreciate it.
    I'd hoped it'd be awarded sooner rather than later though! Dang...

Still, better late than never, wha? IF I get it, that is. I'm being highly presumptuous here!

Thanks for the feedback though. If anyone else wants to weigh in and tell me that they were awarded theirs before Christmas then go right ahead. ;)

Got mine in April for 1st year exams and in November or December for 2nd year exams. There was no application form though - Business & Law

Advertisement