Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin ballifs

Options
  • 15-11-2011 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

Walking here today and saw a fella spinning
    I informed him that it was out of season he gave me the usual ****e
    He said he fished here all year round with no problem!
    I told him again the season was closed and to check the website....
    He muttered something (in his language) and strolled off
    I have had this same conversation a million times in the demesne where i dont even fish so i decided to give the baliff a shout
    I couldnt believe how quick he was on the spot
    Its funny as it turns out the guy was spinning with a single barbless but didnt know the seasons........
    Alot of negative stuff is written about ballifs but i have to say i thought he was excellent
    Just to say if you do see something suspicious give the ifi a call !
    its up to us....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭delsalmon

if its the demesne im thinkin of, canoe runs;), it used to be leased and run by the dublin salmon anglers, dont think they lease it nowadays. you can be sure he was fishin for out of season salmon and would surely be killed. there is a ban on salmon fishin on it all season now to help the stocks come back, im sure he knew that too. what action did the bailiff/officer take on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Its funny
    He didnt know the seasons but knew that he could only use a single barbless which is what he was spinning with....
    For pike no doubt.......with no wire trace...
    And no net......
    Anyway he gave him a warning so hopefully he will piss off to the canal in future.....

delsalmon wrote: »
    if its the demesne im thinkin of, canoe runs;), it used to be leased and run by the dublin salmon anglers, dont think they lease it nowadays. you can be sure he was fishin for out of season salmon and would surely be killed. there is a ban on salmon fishin on it all season now to help the stocks come back, im sure he knew that too. what action did the bailiff/officer take on him?

Advertisement