Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm looking for a football team

• 15-11-2011 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for a local football team to play for. I gave up 2 years ago to concentrate on education but gave that up and want my football back.

Before I gave up I was with Bohs for 3 years so if anyone knows any local adults teams looking or players please leave a reply.

By the way I'm 19, 6 foot and have my own transport.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking for a local football team to play for. I gave up 2 years ago to concentrate on education but gave that up and want my football back.

Before I gave up I was with Bohs for 3 years so if anyone knows any local adults teams looking or players please leave a reply.

By the way I'm 19, 6 foot and have my own transport.

Doyler PM me I can call you and get you training with our senior squad.

We have two teams, the A team and the B team.

There is a fairly young average age in our squad generally and the training is fantastic, not the old school galloping horse training.

The big and honest question anyone really want's to know is, are you any good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Still looking for any teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Whats wrong with Chucks offer?

Kev. wrote: »

The lad is looking for a game of ball for a team that is not over competitive.

I have given him a few recommendations via PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

The lad is looking for a game of ball for a team that is not over competitive.

I have given him a few recommendations via PM.

He should go back to Bohs so...:D

• Advertisement

Kev. wrote: »

As what chuck said.
    godscop wrote: »
    He should go back to Bohs so...:D

And you do have a fair point there :p

As what chuck said.

And you do have a fair point there :p

On that note there is very strong rumors that Bohs could collapse before the next season kicks in. They owe a serious payment to a serious bank.

Yeah i have heard that. Its no surprise really. More clubs will fold im sure. Whats really shocking is, a club in Dublin 15 owe the Banks a cool 1 million euro. :eek:

Yeah i have heard that. Its no surprise really. More clubs will fold im sure. Whats really shocking is, a club in Dublin 15 owe the Banks a cool 1 million euro. :eek:

Indeed and in fact I think they owe more than that - WINK WINK.

They are in serious trouble.

Their base was always the bell for a long, long time but they up sticks and did their own thing which may ultimately kill them.

Indeed and in fact I think they owe more than that - WINK WINK.

They are in serious trouble.

Their base was always the bell for a long, long time but they up sticks and did their own thing which may ultimately kill them.

Well then its 2 !! I was talking to a lad who is involved with said club. Glasgow colours..;) its madness.

• Advertisement

Well then its 2 !! I was talking to a lad who is involved with said club. Glasgow colours..;) its madness.

Well then it's two clubs because the one I know also celtic colors, but only if the green bit is blue :O

;)

Why did they leave The Bell ? That was a silly move.

Why did they leave The Bell ? That was a silly move.

To build their own bar which may have been a good thing at the time but the way pubs are now, it's a mill stone over their necks.

To build their own bar which may have been a good thing at the time but the way pubs are now, it's a mill stone over their necks.

Yeah that was unfortunate or stupid. Heard whispers of them in big trouble buy wasnt sure if it was true. Far too many new clubs have formed in recent years which adds to problems. The ratio of gaa clubs to football clubs is huge. With so many clubs its a smaller slice of fundraising etc. Some have folded as they realised its not that easy to run sports clubs.

Yeah that was unfortunate or stupid. Heard whispers of them in big trouble buy wasnt sure if it was true. Far too many new clubs have formed in recent years which adds to problems. The ratio of gaa clubs to football clubs is huge. With so many clubs its a smaller slice of fundraising etc. Some have folded as they realised its not that easy to run sports clubs.

As the Mochtas fella said on this forum, established clubs are established for good reason. Stability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

They left The Bell cos they were with it when it was Davey and Phelans years ago. Also one night after a big win and drunken behaviour they had a big fall out with The Bell and were barred!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Looking for a football team myself, I am a GAA player mind, but looking to play at a low level (not gonna kid anyone here :D) and preferably play on a Saturday as play GAA on the Sunday.

Alaska1 wrote: »
    Looking for a football team myself, I am a GAA player mind, but looking to play at a low level (not gonna kid anyone here :D) and preferably play on a Saturday as play GAA on the Sunday.

I'm with you on this one. But I don't mind what day I play.

Work has calmed down a bit now so looking for a football again. I don't think I mentioned that I'm a goalkeeper either.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭annfield1978

where is this sporting pub that is about to go belly up, all this inuendo

can you spell it out a bit better

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

where is this sporting pub that is about to go belly up, all this inuendo

can you spell it out a bit better

:confused:

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭annfield1978

this. is the bell pub in blanch going belly up?

I think the bell is actually doing quite well.

A club who USED to drink in the Bell, not the Bell it's self. The Bell is a well ran establishment and doing very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 icando

Would like to play some football too! any teams looking for players?

icando wrote: »
    Would like to play some football too! any teams looking for players?

We should try get enough players for a D15 boards team.

Gaspode would you be up for it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Gaspode would you be up for it?

If you dont mind a veteran on the team, sure why not. At least if you're all on the same team as me you might not kick me as much in revenge for past encounters on here!

Gaspode wrote: »
    If you dont mind a veteran on the team, sure why not. At least if you're all on the same team as me you might not kick me as much in revenge for past encounters on here!

As long as your a boards d15 poster your welcome on the team. I reckon this could actually get the go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

I'd be into this aswell. New in the area. Played for years looking for a team

Advertisement