Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pete Doherty flees London flat after allegedly seeing Amy Winehouse's ghost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Effects of needing publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

maccored wrote: »
    Effects of needing publicity.

Nah, I doubt it. Sure it was his 'friend' who approached the papers with the story, plus Doherty has had his fair share of unwanted publicity so far this year.

Jailed for six months earlier this year, being linked to the deaths of three people, having to pay fines for drunken behaviour in Germany.

I'm sure he's delighted about all that being in the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

too much of the funny tobacco methinks

Not being a smartarse, but Im sure he actually is quite happy about being in the news. publicitiy is gold dust, especially when you dont have the financial success to keep the ball rolling.

I'm sure he's delighted about all that being in the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Its hard to run from a ghost in skinny jeans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

He should take the pineapple from the window sill because it's making an Amy Winehouse shaped shadow appear on the wall at certain times of the day.

Not being a smartarse, but Im sure he actually is quite happy about being in the news. publicitiy is gold dust, especially when you dont have the financial success to keep the ball rolling.

I know you're not, but I still don't think he actively seeks out the (negative) publicity. If anything, the fact that he's spent most of his life to date being stoned/high has probably made him more of a 'yes man' than he would be when sober/clean. He's easy prey. If you've ever watched any interviews with the guy, that should be obvious.

He's done some very stupid things and is a total idiot at times, but there's no denying he's more vulnerable than most (which is his own fault).

Someone turns up at his front door saying, "Hey Pete, I'm doing a documentary/story on you. Can I film/interview you?" Doherty, as high as a f**king skyscraper, is probably like, "Yeah, sure. Come on in. Have a drink."

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

i thiink it's just guilt like Macbeth see the ghost of the man he killed.

seeing as Doherty dragged this poor girl into addiction he should be feeling guilty

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

Probably sleep paralysis. I had a bad experience of that coming down off speed years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Effects of overactive imagination?

People 'see' ghosts all the time, who gives a shít that Pete Doherty says he saw Amy Winehouse?

Did she provide him with any insight into what the afterlife is like? Any anecdotes about other ghosts she's been rubbing shoulders with? Any facts revealed that could only have come from a ghost? Or just vague and general bullshít that could just as easily have come from PD's head?

Sorry, thought this was in After Hours for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

mrmorgan wrote: »

seeing as Doherty dragged this poor girl into addiction he should be feeling guilty

she was well addicted by the time they were hanging out together

she was well addicted by the time they were hanging out together

But would ya agree tne girl had a better chance of a better life of she never met him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Junkies drag each other down, she probably contributed to his relapses as well tbh

Dave! wrote: »
    Junkies drag each other down, she probably contributed to his relapses as well tbh

True but was she as bad before she met him?

How come he has never got a lengthy jail sentence.

But would ya agree tne girl had a better chance of a better life of she never met him?

i would but thats completely different to saying "Doherty dragged this poor girl into addiction"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

too much of the funny tobacco methinks

If he kept his drug use to the "funny tobacco", He would not have been in all that trouble.

True but was she as bad before she met him?

How come he has never got a lengthy jail sentence.

cos he never commited any real serious crimes,personal use and driving offences mostly

id say she was as bad if not worse before she met him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 BackntheDay

id say its the affects of ketamine or acid if ya ask me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

id say its the affects of ketamine or acid if ya ask me!

*cough* - My dead grandmother has appeared to me a few times - *cough* always under the influence of the same circumstances. If you *cough* know what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 BackntheDay

i get ya . . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

So, I think we can all agree that he's seeing things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭suzerxxx

i was watching some 'cribs' episode or something where pete was showing his house and was saying that it was haunted and he seen ghosts etc, this was years ago

i think this hits the nail on the head
    Winehouse ghost 'least weird thing' in Pete Doherty’s flat

18-11-11
    PETE Doherty believes he shares his flat with a nine-foot meerkat and a talking sofa as well as the ghost of Amy Winehouse, it emerged last night.
    dogschair250.jpg
    Doherty's flat may actually be outdoors
    Crack bard Doherty, 32, first became aware of Winehouse’s ghostly presence in his London flat earlier in the week, when she appeared in a mirror propped up on unsold volumes of his poetry.

However it took Doherty several days to notice the spectral Rehab singer, as she was competing for attention with his many everyday apparitions.

The singer said: “It was a typical quiet Wednesday afternoon, I was trying to paint a picture of Keith Richards using a mixture of my blood, vomit and cigarette ash.

"Amy was standing between a creature with a woodlouse’s body and the head of Adrian Chiles, and Marcel, a giant talking spoon. So it was quite a crowd, but when I eventually spotted her there I was stunned.”

“At first I didn't believe my eyes, so I asked Mr Baxendale the talking Meerkat, and he definitely saw her too.

"As did Roger, the sofa. All three of us just sat there, staring into space in a terrified way."

He added: "There was also a dreadful smell, but that turned out to be a prawn korma that I’d left on the radiator three months ago."

Paranormal investigator Emma Bradford said: "This is absolutely indisputable proof of the existence of ghosts."

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/celebrity/winehouse-ghost-%27least-weird-thing%27-in-pete-doherty%E2%80%99s-flat-201111184560/

It's a funny story from a spoof story-rich site. Emma Bradford's comment at the end is a nice touch.. Someone had to do it. :)

heheh - one could hardly think its anything but a spoof story. would love to see what the onion would have said of it.

Advertisement