Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRISH NAVAL SERVICE INTERVIEW

• 15-11-2011 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

HELLO ALL

I have an interview with the Irish navy coming up and i would welcome any help coming my way, what i might be asked or what would be the ideal things to say.

Hope someone might have ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ruserious

Give examples of where you've shown leadership/organisational skills in your life. Why you want to join the navy. Do you know what a life at sea entails. Do you play sport. what you will bring to the service. Any prior military experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Brambles

Im currently learning all i can and trying to meet people in the navy to get further help. Would playing a lot of sport be a help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ruserious

Brambles wrote: »
    Im currently learning all i can and trying to meet people in the navy to get further help. Would playing a lot of sport be a help ?
    No, just demonstrate you can work as part of a team. EG Soccer is better than Tennis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kielmanator

Best of luck with it Brambles.

When I did my interview, motivation, teamwork and skill sets apllicable to the navy all came up in there.

You'll be facing (could be changed) 3 people on the interview board, 1 officer and 2 NCO's.

Once you get into it you'll be fine, but I remember when I sat down first I was ****ting a brick.

Again best of luck with it,

Kielmanator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Brambles

Best of luck with it Brambles.

When I did my interview, motivation, teamwork and skill sets apllicable to the navy all came up in there.

You'll be facing (could be changed) 3 people on the interview board, 1 officer and 2 NCO's.

Once you get into it you'll be fine, but I remember when I sat down first I was ****ting a brick.

Again best of luck with it,

Kielmanator

Thanks Kielmanator.

I done an interview last october for the amry itself and its the same layout for the interview based on 4 competency points so i should have a bit of experience with that.
    Fingers crossed

• Advertisement
Advertisement