Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peta at their ****e again

Options
  • 15-11-2011 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

Recently peta attacked battlefield 3 cause of a scene in the single player when ya kill a rat , they came out and said if ya play the single player you be a animal killer :pac::pac:

Now they decided to attack mario over the racoon suit and even made their own sick version of the mario game

Im all for saving animals but i think they would want to attack people who would harm animals than attack a videogame :pac::pac:

http://features.peta.org/mario-kills-tanooki/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Peta can suck my balls, Animals are not people they are animals and God said we can have dominion over them so we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Publicity is publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

To Smyth's for a festive picket!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Anytime is read anything involving Peta i go out and kick a cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

I think they should realise that the rats aren't real.

Leave the moral upbringing to parents.

Idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

In the same game a nuclear device goes off in Paris and kills 80,000. I dont hear them complain about that.

So there you have it PETA care more about the life of a rat than those of 80,000 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

There is only really one thing you can say to this:

father-ted-careful-now.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

In the same game a nuclear device goes off in Paris and kills 80,000.
    O_o

80,000 dead rats, thats why they're annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭congress3

Must admit I did sort enjoy that Mario game they made but the message behind it is just ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I slaughtered many a rat in dark souls , it helped me go back to human form :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

PeTA can eff off. They constantly show that they value animals' lives over humans', anyways. They're like "professional" trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

peta are master trolls.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

**** off peta, I'm a vegetarian this is my only chance to put the rats in their place. I love hunting in skyrim :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's a regular sight in Japan to see plumbers ritualistically skinning racoons and floating around the gaff while wearing the carcass.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

PETA wasn't there this morning when I sniped a snow fox with an Ancient Nord Bow.

It screamed out in pain and everything. And then I skinned it.

If it makes them feel any better though a dragon showed up moments later for my deeds. But I killed him too, sooo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

See this is the hilarious thing. No animal was actually harmed. Ugh, PETA continuing their retardation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

that game is annoying and scrolls too fast. anyone finish it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

psychward wrote: »
    that game is annoying and scrolls too fast. anyone finish it ?

Under 25 then? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Under 25 then? :)

eh ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

He is implying, in a humorous fashion, that you are a noob.

PETA have only done one thing of note, and that was generate some good publicity for Super Meat Boy by being utterly retarded at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hope they don't find out about all those bear pelts i'm hoarding in Skirim, had plans to make a lovely snug coat from them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Probably best not to give Peta's campaigns additional clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

mmmmmmm People Eating Tastey Animals....

Best thing peta ever did??

1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Peta should attack Nintendo for making it seem like the racoon suit is a new idea... Super Mario Borthers 3 called (greatest game ever). It wants it suit back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

In the same game a nuclear device goes off in Paris and kills 80,000. I dont hear them complain about that.

So there you have it PETA care more about the life of a rat than those of 80,000 people.

Jesus man spoiler tags! I haven't started single player yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

**** you peta

I will have a laugh sniping seagulls in metal gear solid until the general gives out.

I will shoot any freaky mutant animal in fallout and eat the lil fecker to stay alive.

I will get on my horse and shoot any wild animal in red dead and skin the b*stards.

AND I will break out my old snes and play primal rage and beat a ape to death

• Registered Users Posts: 54,383 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

FZyq0.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Cheap publicity stun that works like a charm every time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

Here is a robot translation of the statement on the German site about the rat scene:
    Gerlingen, 7 November 2011 - For some, it is the game of the year. For others a brutal first-person shooter. In "Battlefield 3", which is commercially available since last Thursday, are the ghosts. The animal rights organization PETA Germany eV criticism that can kill you in the most realistic computer game "Battlefield 3" animals sadistic manner. This gives players the option of a rat with a combat knife in the back to come to them and then lift the tail and her dead body, then cast aside like trash.

PETA points out that the killing may have a brutalizing effect of virtual animals on the young male target audience. There have been repeated in Germany on cases of animal cruelty, where young people kill animals in cruel ways. Inspiration for these acts they received in the past, often by violent movies and computer games. "Once this first step of brutalization - in the form of animal cruelty - only done once, it is up to the violence against other people do not often far more - the scientists have already found out," says Nadia Kutscher, campaign manager for PETA.

PETA criticizes this approach and ask the makers, the future to refrain from such content.

Here is the scene been criticised:

They are talking rubbish with this. Making vegetarians look like spastics is not in line with the agenda of complete animal liberation surely?

The mario game and the parody game are different imo though. They are using that as an opportunity to make their point about the fur industry. Maybe that is what they were trying to do with the rat thing too - but whatever their intention they just sound absurd, and unfortunately consulting the source material does not make them seem any less absurd.

Advertisement