Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced entry - cert question

Options
  • 15-11-2011 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if you apply for advanced entry, do you have to have your cert at the time of application?

I'm in a one year cert course at the moment, due to finish in May

But I'd like to apply for direct entry at DIT with a combination of my portfolio and work experience

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭rob w

I started as advanced entry this year, didnt have my cert when i applied but did need to get a copy into them before i started!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

rob w wrote: »
    I started as advanced entry this year, didnt have my cert when i applied but did need to get a copy into them before i started!
    Cheers

Thats it, I'll have my cert in May / June, so should be in time for a Sept start

What course did you apply to? What level cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭rob w

Im doing electrical services engineering. Had a level 6 cert from my electrical apprenticeship. All going well so far....best of luck with your application. What you going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Cool. what year did you get into?

Goin for graphic design, although I've heard its mental competition

might try IADT too

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Wintergreen

rob w wrote: »
    Im doing electrical services engineering. Had a level 6 cert from my electrical apprenticeship. All going well so far....best of luck with your application. What you going for?

Whats that course like? Ive just gotten my papers from my apprenticeship and was thinking of doing it too. Do you find the maths much harder than in phase 4 and 6?

• Advertisement
Advertisement