Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Score Padding

Options
  • 15-11-2011 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭

I came across a rush server last night with only two guys on it.

One was setting the charges and one was diffusing. Over and over and over.

Fast. It occurred to me it was automated, or maybe the same person with two characters?

Anyway their scores were up around 50k each.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Did you kill them?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you have Fraps, record them, and put it on Youtube :P

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Who cares tbh. Its not as if everyone wont get the locks anyway! If most players where not as driven by stats and KDR BF3 would be a better place!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Slowly slowly with the unlocks..... this game has to last me 4 years .......... :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I don't mind this at all.....

Anyone want to join me?

• Advertisement

Lets get everything unlocked tonight Karma! Will it make us better players? No way will it, what it will let us do is concentrate on teamwork and fun! Hardly anyone playing engie at the moment, most have it maxed out so they now change to another class, regardless of what the game situation needs. Its automatic to do this based on the carrot and stick approach to unlocks and stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have to say I dislike it with a passion.

Alot of my friends started at same time bf3. We all even had similar play time, but then they started boosting each other on our server...

I really loved to watch ladderboards and see how do I stand against my friends. Now it's totally ****ed with them being boosted arses...

One particular fella is higher level then me now and were leg to leg rivals, but I have 2700 kills and he has 1500 kills. He has second medal for attacking the "point"... He just farms points on empty server with other lads. So ladderboards aspect is totally ****ed for me now.

I don't like it, I thinks it is breaking the spirit of the game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

I have to say I dislike it with a passion.

Alot of my friends started at same time bf3. We all even had similar play time, but then they started boosting each other on our server...

I really loved to watch ladderboards and see how do I stand against my friends. Now it's totally ****ed with them being boosted arses...

One particular fella is higher level then me now and were leg to leg rivals, but I have 2700 kills and he has 1500 kills. He has second medal for attacking the "point"... He just farms points on empty server with other lads. So ladderboards aspect is totally ****ed for me now.

I don't like it, I thinks it is breaking the spirit of the game too.

It used to be banning offence in BF2 i don't do it but i do use the empty server to practice my flying as i really am not very good in a plane but at least i can keep it in the air now

Was there anyone banned in BF2 for this..... I seriously doubt it! Unless they have a system for recognising repeating patterns of points allocation there's not a hell of a chance they could even know it was happening!

Sure they dont even ban hackers ffs, PB might get them, but there are still lots of servers with PB off!

Once they has yer money they dont cares I tells yas!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

In bf2 i think it was pretty much hardcoded that you couldn't score any points until a min of 4-6 players was on so it was tough to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

In bf2 i think it was pretty much hardcoded that you couldn't score any points until a min of 4-6 players was on so it was tough to.

Yep game wouldn't start you could piss about but not get any points

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

5uspect wrote: »
    Did you kill them?

Well I could only have killed one of them. But I thought about it...

...but I didnt.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

TheFairy wrote: »

Sure they dont even ban hackers ffs, PB might get them, but there are still lots of servers with PB off!

I don't play on many servers .. I find a few I like and stick to them ... I have noticed on one oldgitsarmy that you see msgs coming up saying "such and such has been banned due to gamehack" and you would see this a fair few times during the night but I think it is the only server I see it on . It mightened mean much and they probably don't catch everything but it does give a small bit of satisfaction playing on a server that you know is being monitored in some way .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Well I could only have killed one of them. But I thought about it...

...but I didnt.

:o

You could kill one guy, switch team, kill the other. There's probably loads of inventive ways to teamkill if needed. Could make an epic youtube video.

You could even team up with a friend on the other team and keep stabbing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

There's probably loads of inventive ways to teamkill if needed.
    So that's what teamkill is? It's happened to me twice and I was wondering wtf was going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Decryptor wrote: »
    So that's what teamkill is? It's happened to me twice and I was wondering wtf was going on!

PLay on a hardcore server, it will happen you a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

These people will probably have their score reset.

After BF2 release people were stat padding using similar methods in BF3.
    If Dice do what they did before, the stat padding will go on for another week or two, then in the space of 24 hours you will see thousands of accounts reset.

Advertisement