Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qwerty keypads

Options
  • 15-11-2011 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭

Anyone out there who have one of these type mobile phones.What are they like? Faster to type or a pain in the.............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Some are good, some are crap. All depends on the phone in question. I used to prefer them, but now i prefer just having a phone with a large screen that i can just type on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Full qwerty is definitely faster that on screen version. Some are great, and once you get used to it, its very hard to not have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

i had one and went to touch screen now want to go back. Much easier to type on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Yeah ok, I just seem to have a habit of pressing the wrong button most times (being a man !):rolleyes:.You would want to have baby fingers to operate phones these days:p.The touch screens seem to be a bit dear, so just curious about these,maybe worth a try.thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Physical qwerty is better, but a decent one is expensive. So you won't save money buying one.

The button design is quite important, if its domed, quite large fingers will find it accurate even if the button is small. But if the button is big and the keys are flat you might end up making more mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

its still possible to operate them with just one finger?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

jimmyw wrote: »
    its still possible to operate them with just one finger?

Not really, wouldn't be very suitable for a person with only one hand as some times you have to press 2 buttons at once.

i'm using a blackberry 9900, best keyboard out there way quicker for typing than a touchscreen.

On the Nokia E71 you could use one finger. But its quicker with two thumbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

With even the Blackberry there I couldn't see myself typing on it with all fingers and phone flat on a desk. Might suit some business ppl I suppose.

Qwerty ~ not for the leisure market me thinks:)

danjo-xx wrote: »
    With even the Blackberry there I couldn't see myself typing on it with all fingers and phone flat on a desk. Might suit some business ppl I suppose.

Qwerty ~ not for the leisure market me thinks:)

Actually they are also aimed at the frequent texters, facebook instant chat and twitter users. Leisure? Whats that?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

If you like a bit of gaming (especially old school stuff) then they are the only way to go. Not many options out there unfortunately. I really wanted to get an Epic 4G, but it not only are they not on sale in Europe, they don't work at all in Europe.:eek:

Advertisement