Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Community Welfare Officer Question

• 15-11-2011 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,
    I'm totally confused by this whole community welfare officer business.
    I'm a single mum, back at college to finish my degree. My ex who is the father of my child, has just been made unemployed. At the moment, I'm getting a portion of my rent paid by the HSE, but since my ex has been made umemployed does that mean my rent allowance should increase?
    I'm struggling enough to make ends meet without being down my maintenence amount every week. Will the CWO take into consideration I have childcare costs too?

Any advice would be most appreciated, I'm going out of my head here!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

if the father of your child is not paying maintenance go back to cwo and tell them. get a letter from him saying now unemployed and rent should increase. no child care isnt taken into account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

Any maintenance you get comes off your rent supplement, so if you're getting less (or no) maintenance anymore, then your rent supplement should increase.

If you're in receipt of One Parent Family Payment, you're also supposed to let them know that your circumstances have changed. Unless you were getting more than 95.23 a week in maintenance it won't affect your payment, but they may ask you to chase your ex for more money, or they may chase him themselves for a payment.

Advertisement