Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

portfolio

Options
  • 15-11-2011 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

what should i have in my portfolio for bally fermot in animation:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Is this for Animation Drawing Studies? And are you comnig straight from the LC?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

For ADS....
    http://applications.bcfe.ie/courseinfo.php?course=2

See portfolio requirements

I completed animation drawing studies last year. They love to see dedication (esp to art), I remember Mark Byrne (layout teacher, and interviewer) saying that they once accepted a student because she was grade 7 or something on the piano, and they then knew she would put the time into her work, that she wouldn't give up after a month.
    Drawing wise, they like loose, gestural stuff. nothing too refined. A figure studies sketch book would be great, just a little sketch book you can fill in a drawing or two a day of people and animals.

If you are applying for CCHND...
    http://applications.bcfe.ie/courseinfo.php?course=24

Again, a figure studies sketch book, but they will expect it to be a lot more developed work while still gestural.
    Layouts are a must, but nothing copied. If reworked from a different perspective etc, you MUST give credit. Mark is a right stickler for copiers, don't work from photos or trace images, his motto is 'once a copier, always a copier'

Other than that, show an interest in animation, and let them know you have applied to other colleges (even if you haven't). So many times I have heard the lecture on applying everywhere, then you choose the college, the college doesn't choose you lalallaal....and it shows an interest in art and design too.

Best of luck!

Advertisement