Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever challenged anyone who let their dog...

• 15-11-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭

...make a nice big steamy pile and walk off as if their own didn't smell? What did you say? What did they say?

If not are you confident you would pull someone up on it? How far do you think you're entitled to go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

no, you? this is fun isnt it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭amacca

MyKeyG wrote: »
    ...make a nice big steamy pile and walk off as if their own didn't smell? What did you say? What did they say?

If not are you confident you would pull someone up on it? How far do you think you're entitled to go?

No...no I havent.

If I was not confident then why would I pull someone up on it....I wouldn't be confident enough to.

I think I would be entitled to rub their noses in it...but then again I live in a fantasy universe where I have ultimate power and I ma always correct in everything I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

You're allowed stick the dog owner's nose in it so he doesn't do it again. It's true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Granny with a poodle: yes

Polish builder with a pit bull: no

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

eh what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I gave mine back to my neighbour. A big bag of steaming sh1te. I was at the end of the line with her and flipped out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Heard a story about someone when I used to work in a pub a few years back, of some crazy oul stock who was locked walking home, stepped on some fresh dog "droppings" and spotted an older woman ahead of him walking her dog, catches up with her and wipes his dirty shoe over the dog and scurries off leaving her in tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

FatherLen wrote: »
    eh what?

do you do doggie style..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I haven't the foggiest what it is your trying to get across OP. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Chriscork12

Poor dog:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

The builder that built my place is an absolute dick, he refused to do anything about some cracks I had on a wall, even though it was covered by him as it was a new build, stating "buyer beware". Now he also charges the management fees for the upkeep of the apartments and personally cuts the grass etc.

Anytime I bring my fella for a walk I bring him to a certain spot on the grass and let him have a poo, fùck the builder with his "buyer beware". I hope he enjoys the flying crap every time he mows the grass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

amacca wrote: »
    No...no I havent.

If I was not confident then why would I pull someone up on it....I wouldn't be confident enough to.

I think I would be entitled to rub their noses in it...but then again I live in a fantasy universe where I have ultimate power and I ma always correct in everything I do.
    I didn't say if you were not confident. I said in relation to the question have you ever challenged someone and If not would you be confident to do so.:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I was in my front room looking out the window, along comes a 50 yrs old man with his dog and stands by watching his dog ****e in my garden and walks off when job done, fcuk that I says, I walked after him and asked him to come back and pick it up, he said he didn't know what I was on about, I then told him I was watching from the front room.
    He then says he has nothing to pick it up with, so I tell him I'll give him a bag, I walked him back and watched him pick it up.... Loved embarassing him, dirty fcuker.

I am a dog owner and always clean up.

Ghandee wrote: »

thats OK ...I'm not convinced the OP knows what they are trying to get across either

I didn't say if you were not confident. I said in relation to the question have you ever challenged someone and If not would you be confident to do so.:rolleyes:

damn you...people normally don't pick up on my deliberate misinterpretations as quick

Doom wrote: »
    I was in my front room looking out the window, along comes a 50 yrs old man with his dog and stands by watching his dog ****e in my garden and walks off when job done, fcuk that I says, I walked after him and asked him to come back and pick it up, he said he didn't know what I was on about, I then told him I was watching from the front room.
    He then says he has nothing to pick it up with, so I tell him I'll give him a bag, I walked him back and watched him pick it up.... Loved embarassing him, dirty fcuker.

I am a dog owner and always clean up.
    OK that's what I'm after. However since other people are a little non plussed as to what I'm getting at how far would you have gone if he had insisted he had no idea what you were talking about? Would you go so far as to call the guards? Or would that be too much?

The reason I asked is because I found a nice little gift outside my gate this evening. I didn't see who did it but I was so mad I started to think what I would have done had I seen them or if they had played dumb when confronted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Ghandee wrote: »

A steaming mountain of shite, I think

amacca wrote: »
    thats OK ...I'm not convinced the OP knows what they are trying to get across either
    It may be a difficult concept to grasp but I'm not actually getting at anything I asked a simple question which the less sarcastic amongst us were happy to answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Seen it happen today on the way to work.
    What's the point saying anything unless you enjoy being told to fúck off???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Have done before and would again, I usually walk the family dogs on a beach and would pick up a big steaming pile with an extra poop bag if I happened upon it as well as picking up my own mutts'.

• Advertisement

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Seen it happen today on the way to work.
    What's the point saying anything unless you enjoy being told to fúck off???
    Well in fairness we all have to walk these streets, I'm tired of having to look at it and on occasion step in it. They can tell me to fu€k off all they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I remember some aul one sayin something to me about picking up my dogs poo, i had earphones in and ignored her and kept walking.

• Site Banned Posts: 67 ✭✭Lemmewinks

This guy rubbed it all over the owners back - it's hilarious:

http://www.break.com/index/man-takes-revenge-on-dog-owner-2176395

He giggles like a kid as he runs away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

OK that's what I'm after. However since other people are a little non plussed as to what I'm getting at how far would you have gone if he had insisted he had no idea what you were talking about? Would you go so far as to call the guards? Or would that be too much?

The reason I asked is because I found a nice little gift outside my gate this evening. I didn't see who did it but I was so mad I started to think what I would have done had I seen them or if they had played dumb when confronted.

Follow him home and ****e in his garden :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

I have no problem telling someone they are a prick if they dont pick up the droppings of their precious little dog.

Generally start with "you not going to pick that up?"
    then when they ignore me, then I call them a prick / a-hole / whatever other imaginative word springs to mind. They are normally pretty feckin embarrassed, especially if there are others around and I say it nice and loud

But then I am well over 6 foot and a pretty big guy, and fairly handy at Muay Thai. so dont really worry too much about getting my head kicked in

Edit: in response to the post below, I ask the question first and give people the opportunity to sheepishly pick it up (which sonetimes happens) or at least apologize. Most don't, and it's feckin ignorant!! Especially in the park where there's toddlers falling about the place. A**holes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

^^

Just my own opinion, but I'd find a guy shouting obscenities at strangers to be far more irritating than the poop they had failed to pick up.

^^

Just my own opinion, but I'd find a guy shouting obscenities at strangers to be far more irritating than the poop they had failed to pick up.
    At least you don't have to scrape it off your shoe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

, but I'd find a guy shouting obscenities at strangers to be far more irritating than the poop they had failed to pick up.
    He said he started out with "going to pick that up?", as long as he says it a few more times in amongst the abuse then others will see what he is at. I would say fair play to him, might even let out a roar aswell to back him up, wouldn't have the balls to start it (well maybe if pissed!).

That video of the guy smearing the guy is great, I remember once thinking I would love to do it when I saw a prick just walk on without cleaning it up.

If you are not willing to do it why the hell did you get a dog? should be taken off them.

EDIT: the video above missed out the best bit, yer man is in a superhero costume!

that'd be a good trend to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 whalley

on way home the other night me and me mate seen a dog doin his dump we shouted at the owner to pick it up dog done she picked up the dog and left his dump on the ground

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Fuck that, once it's not on my property it's not my problem. I can't go walking around with bags of shit from three dogs in my pocket and have hardly ever picked up after one of my dogs, and I don't tell others to pick up theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Fuck that, once it's not on my property it's not my problem. I can't go walking around with bags of shit from three dogs in my pocket and have hardly ever picked up after one of my dogs, and I don't tell others to pick up theirs.

Good to see, a responsible dog owner. That's just the kinda ignorant attitude we like to see...

Just pick up after your fcuking dogs. Your dogs your fcuking problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I always pick up after my dog, keep finding the scented bags I use in all my bags and pockets haha.

Although I don't think I would challenge someone else.... I would probably throw them a filthy but I don't think I would be confident enough to say something to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

We had problems with dogs doing their business outside our house ....

Then one day , I saw a dog doing this ( on it's own ) .....I went out , picked the sh1t up ( in a bag ) followed the dog back it's house . I knocked on the door , and handed the bag to the owner.

Never had the problem since !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Galtee

You should take a walk in St. Annes Park or Dollymount strand, they are covered in Dog Poo. It's a disgrace given that those areas are frequented by kids playing and it's dangerous too. Those areas should be monitored properly and the owners fined if caught. There are signs everywhere that say "No Dumping" I'd like to think that applied to dogs also!

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Your dogs your fcuking problem!
    Not a problem for me at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

once it's not on my property it's not my problem.
    The law says it is, do you commit other littering offences?
    three dogs in my pocket
    Why on earth did you get 3 dogs if you already knew you were so incompetent and could not take care of them.

I hope to god you have gotten a vasectomy/hysterectomy, if you can't even take care of a dog...

rubadub wrote: »
    The law says it is, do you commit other littering offences?

Why on earth did you get 3 dogs if you already knew you were so incompetent and could not take care of them.

I hope to god you have gotten a vasectomy/hysterectomy, if you can't even take care of a dog...
    The law says it's someone's responsibility to clean up after their dog, not that it's a problem for them, though if someone gets caught that is a problem.
    The dogs are cared for brilliantly, much better than the average.
    No, my seed is flowing grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Call the gards!? Over a bit of dog shít in your garden or in a park? Wtf is wrong with you people. Have you nothing more important to worry about than a dog having a shít in a green area?

And just to add, I have dogs (big dogs) myself and they're picked up after, but I'd lose no sleep if someone let their dog take a shít in my garden. It's not doing any damage. With a quick flick of the shovel, it's gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Not a problem for me at all.
    The law says it's someone's responsibility to clean up after their dog, not that it's a problem for them, though if someone gets caught that is a problem.
    The dogs are cared for brilliantly, much better than the average.
    No, my seed is flowing grand.

Yup, you sound like an arsehole. Which is incidentally the issue in this case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Some lads dog sh*t near on our green so my Dad asked him to move it but the guy ignored him.

So my dad picked it up, went around to the guys house and threw it in the garden :)

• Advertisement

Yup, you sound like an arsehole. Which is incidentally the issue in this case.
    Oh I forgot to mention in my first post that I live in the middle of the country and walk my dogs through fields and wild woodland, the very few times one has done the business in a town or public land would have been one of the rare times I did pick up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I pick up after my dog but what amazes me is I still get the abuse off people.

One person shouted at my wife had she read the sign over there, she read the sign (the one about dogs pooing and there being a fine). He then followed her in his car! I had a word with him when she pointed out who he was.

Teenager regularly scream and laugh at me as I clean up after the dog.

A woman stopped on the other side of the road and watched me to see if I would pick up after my dog. There is a bag holder on the lead.

Another woman, as I was picking up, started yelling at me how disgusting it was and that I shouldn't let him do it on her road. Dogs aren't welcome. Same road I lived on for 9 years with my dogs.

So if you are going to tell people to pick up get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

For anybody who is bothered by it: Why not carry a bag when your out for a walk or whatever? If you come across some dog poo pick it up yourself.

I dont have dogs anymore but i did clean up after them whenever it had to be done, but seeing dog poo doesn't bother me. It's everywhere and a fact of life now just like the gum stuck to every footpath in the country.

If it's in my garden i'll pick it up myself, but my neighbour is getting a bit obsessed and sits by his window and shoots any dog in his garden with a bb gun, which seems to be working :)

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    I pick up after my dog but what amazes me is I still get the abuse off people.
    I got abuse a few years ago from a woman after one of my females squatted for a pee in a park, she hated dogs and didn't know them very well and thought she had left something a bit more solid. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

A friend of ours who was continually having someone's dog sh*te just at his front gate , put up a sign - ' WARNING TO F*CKING ****TING DOG OWNERS, IF I CATCH YOU I'LL MAKE YOU EAT YOUR DOG'S SHYTE'! it worked believe it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

If it was my property definitely, on the grass is one thing but right in the middle of the path where you know someone is going to walk in it pisses me off.

Been years since I've had the misfortune of stepping in dog ****e and then what to do with your shoe when you get home, I never feel like my shoe is ever really "clean" after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,651 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why would someone call the guards over a dog crapping on the street ? How is it a guards job ? Have they nothing better to be doing that that ? If I was a guard and someone came and told me that a dog had crapped on the street I would tell them to go and inform the council or litter warden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Oh I forgot to mention in my first post that I live in the middle of the country and walk my dogs through fields and wild woodland, the very few times one has done the business in a town or public land would have been one of the rare times I did pick up.

That makes it a very different story then so.

Taking a dump in a field in the country is grand, and I say that as a former bogger (always at heart) myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Does anybody tell people who have the listed dangerous breeds that the dog can't be outside without a muzzle on? My dog was attacked by a pit bull that was off a lead and without a muzzle. It tried to rip his throat out it took about 2 minutes to get the dog to release him.

I ring the guards if I see one off a lead now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Galtee

deuceswild wrote: »
    For anybody who is bothered by it: Why not carry a bag when your out for a walk or whatever? If you come across some dog poo pick it up yourself.

I dont have dogs anymore but i did clean up after them whenever it had to be done, but seeing dog poo doesn't bother me. It's everywhere and a fact of life now just like the gum stuck to every footpath in the country.

If it's in my garden i'll pick it up myself, but my neighbour is getting a bit obsessed and sits by his window and shoots any dog in his garden with a bb gun, which seems to be working :)

What a stupid comment. :rolleyes: If the owners did it then noone else would have to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement