Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever challenged anyone who let their dog...

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Lemmewinks wrote: »
    This guy rubbed it all over the owners back - it's hilarious:

http://www.break.com/index/man-takes-revenge-on-dog-owner-2176395

He giggles like a kid as he runs away.

This video is nothing short of absolutely pure class.
    My sides are actually splitting and must head to A&E now for stitching , thanks.

( I prefer this link to the embedded video as it shows him running away better while he turns the camera around to the bloke running after him trololol

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

Galtee wrote: »
    What a stupid comment. :rolleyes: If the owners did it then noone else would have to.

Yeah i agree, but they dont obviously otherwise there wouldn't be a problem.
    My point is would you pick it up even though its not your dogs? Or would you walk past and tut tut tut....

I wouldn't but as i said it doesn't bother me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

saa wrote: »
    If it was my property definitely, on the grass is one thing but right in the middle of the path where you know someone is going to walk in it pisses me off.

Been years since I've had the misfortune of stepping in dog ****e and then what to do with your shoe when you get home, I never feel like my shoe is ever really "clean" after that.

You scrape it off with a knife, but don't forget to put the knife in the dishwasher before you eat with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

You scrape it off with a knife, but don't forget to put the knife in the dishwasher before you eat with it.

Or use a toothbrush, but don't use the toothbrush to brush your teeth until you've rinsed it off first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Its doesn't bother me at all. I'm after standing in so much of it over the years I would feel weird walking home wihouth standing in some shyte.
    If someone complained to me about it I would pick it up, depending on how the said it. If it was some Muppet acting a hard man I'd tell him to go fook himself. My little dog only pisses on all the trees, no craps on footpath. Only got him last week so haven't had him crap on path yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Galtee

That makes it a very different story then so.

Taking a dump in a field in the country is grand, and I say that as a former bogger (always at heart) myself.

I think it's really only an issue where there is a common area that is used by other people so this would be fine in my opinion.
    deuceswild wrote: »
    Yeah i agree, but they dont obviously otherwise there wouldn't be a problem.
    My point is would you pick it up even though its not your dogs? Or would you walk past and tut tut tut....

I wouldn't but as i said it doesn't bother me

What difference does it make whether I'd pick it up or not? It doesn't take from the fact that the owner should and that they should be strung up when caught. It's dangerous to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

seanybiker wrote: »
    Its doesn't bother me at all. I'm after standing in so much of it over the years I would feel weird walking home wihouth standing in some shyte.
    If someone complained to me about it I would pick it up, depending on how the said it. If it was some Muppet acting a hard man I'd tell him to go fook himself. My little dog only pisses on all the trees, no craps on footpath. Only got him last week so haven't had him crap on path yet.

Nothing like the feeling of pride seeing your dog produce a nice, warm, soft steaming pile of ****e on the fottpath while people look on.

groovie wrote: »
    Or use a toothbrush, but don't use the toothbrush to brush your teeth until you've rinsed it off first.

Or just use your partners toothbrush. :pac: No need to rinse then, especially if you've been fighting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Ghandee wrote: »
    I haven't the foggiest doggiest what it is your trying to get across OP. :confused:

FYP. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I've never confronted anyone on it per se, though I have stopped in my tracks to see if a dog owner was going to do anything about their dogs s.hit. It was outside my mum's house, and she has a pain in the tits with dogs crapping outside her place. The owner saw I was watching and took out a bag with a face on her. I'd say if I didn't wait she'd have left it there.

There's a scenic route that I take if I want to go for a walk, well it is if you don't look down. On one particular stretch of path it's particularly bad, I think everyone in the town takes their dog to shit there. My stomach actually churns if I see crap on the ground, it really is disgusting, and it's unfair to others that have to use the path.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

Galtee wrote: »
    What difference does it make whether I'd pick it up or not? It doesn't take from the fact that the owner should and that they should be strung up when caught. It's dangerous to say the least.

I agree that the dog owners are responsible, and they should be strung up for not cleaning up after their pet, but if you come across some dog poo and there are no dogs around and no dog owner to hold responsible then if it bothers you then why not pick it up yourself?

If i seen a crisp packet flying about i would bin it even though its not mine but because it would annoy me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I agree that the dog owners are responsible, and they should be strung up for not cleaning up after their pet, but if you come across some dog poo and there are no dogs around and no dog owner to hold responsible then if it bothers you then why not pick it up yourself?

If i seen a crisp packet flying about i would bin it even though its not mine but because it would annoy me

I've fucking heard it all now! :D

But it's the dog owners who let it happen that bother me and as you said yourself they're not around so how would picking it up bother me less?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

groovie wrote: »
    Yeah I use the old toothbrush I use to clean my golf clubs with. I play like sh!t anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Abi wrote: »
    The owner saw I was watching and took out a bag with a face on her. I'd say if I didn't wait she'd have left it there.
    As I pointed out already somebody did the same to me and I can only assume thought I wouldn't do it unless she was there. It made me angry and actually inclined to leave it there to annoy her.

I still turn my noise up when picking up after my dogs, you know that stuff smells like $híte:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement