Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AKG Q460 v AKG K450

• 15-11-2011 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi all,

Have finally realised that my iPhone headphones are rubbish and decided to invest in a decent pair of headphones.

I had been suckered into thinking Beats by Dre were good but you guys have saved me :)

I have been looking at the AKG Q460 or AKG K450.

What do you think or can you sway me differently.

I would like an iPhone remote in the cable and to have them on ear rather than over.

Looking at no more than €150

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

The AKG Q460 has Quincy Jones name on it like Beats By Dre so I'd imagine there is a premium on the price for having a well known name on them. AKG are a well known brand and they don't come cheap so perhaps widen your short list to other brands so you get the most from your budget. Meelec aren't as well known but do have several models which could fulfil your criteria. I'd only be rehashing someone else's opinions on the other models so you should read up on opinions yourself.

Portable headphone review here
    This review isn't specifically looking at iphone headphones but some might be compatible.

Iphone specific headphones and earphones here
    This isn't as detailed as the other review sites but it's might be more focused.

You have a smaller choice of headphones with iphone compatible controls so perhaps consider IEMs as there is more options and are generally better value for money and much more portable.
    IEM review here
    Pay particular attention to those IEMs with a blue box as they have inline mics and could be compatible with iphones or android phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭aktelmiele

yimrsg wrote: »
    The AKG Q460 has Quincy Jones name on it like Beats By Dre so I'd imagine there is a premium on the price for having a well known name on them. AKG are a well known brand and they don't come cheap so perhaps widen your short list to other brands so you get the most from your budget. Meelec aren't as well known but do have several models which could fulfil your criteria. I'd only be rehashing someone else's opinions on the other models so you should read up on opinions yourself.

Portable headphone review here
    This review isn't specifically looking at iphone headphones but some might be compatible.

Iphone specific headphones and earphones here
    This isn't as detailed as the other review sites but it's might be more focused.

You have a smaller choice of headphones with iphone compatible controls so perhaps consider IEMs as there is more options and are generally better value for money and much more portable.
    IEM review here
    Pay particular attention to those IEMs with a blue box as they have inline mics and could be compatible with iphones or android phones.

Thanks for the links. Theres a good bit of reading there. So many choices!!

Advertisement