Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dopey journalists

• 15-11-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bunnymunro

I just happened to have a look through todays Evening Herald..now before you start yeah i know its a rag but i happened to see this pat stacey fella was reviewing last nights episode of the hardy bucks ..hes singing the praises of the show..strange thing is he doesnt even know the proper names of the characters mistaking the french toast fella for one of the other lads..now i know its a little thing but it got on my wick and made me wonder did the dope even watch the show..have journalism standards dropped this low..heres the link..http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/hardy-boys-buck-comedy-trend-2934519.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

This is the FINAL straw.
    No seriously, of all the utterly pitiful and shameful sh1te the herald have come out with, this is the one that prompted you to start a thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Makes the other faux pas pale in comparison doesn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Journalists are a bunch of schnakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bunnymunro

yep..its really bugging me actually..reviewing tv shows isnt exactly important or cutting edge journalism imagine its a piece of piss..mr stacey should be sacked on the spot for his error..theherald website doesnt allow for comments either i was gonna give him a piece of my mind but when i couldnt i had to come here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

The Herald is popular for a paper no one reads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

hondasam wrote: »
    The Herald is popular for a paper no one reads.
    Is that the paper I used to see on the floor of the Luas while every one else was reading Metro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Can somebody tell me why things so outrages, i can't be bothered reading it.

he doesnt even know the proper names of the characters mistaking the french toast fella for one of the other lads

...right
    is "the french toast fella" a proper name?

Advertisement