Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa Chat 2011...

Options
  • 15-11-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

So, after reading on the DSPCA website that they will not be having a Santa this year, I'm left wondering where I should bring my 4 year old. I missed out last year as I left it too late to book.

We've been to Arnotts every year since he was born, mainly because I love the Santa they have, lovely jolly old man with real beard, he truely is a 'Santa'. I have shuddering memories of my childhood and being brough to santa's with cotton wool looking crap beards, who smelled musty and barely had the time of day for each child.

I've been considering Red Moutain Farm, has anyone been to Santa there before?

The reasons I'm veering away from Arnotts this year are:
    A. Because although he is free, you pay for your picture which is quite expensive and the child gets no toy. (Suits some people who can take a decent photo, but I'm useless so end up paying for pic and then still buying child a toy that day)
    B. The que is usually giant, unless you go super early in the day.
    C. I would like to bring him to more of a 'Christmas Experience' this year, rather than just a santa visit...ie, just a long que and a quick chat with the big red man.

Any pointers or suggestions?

If I win the lotto it'll definately be Laplap, but until then it's Dublin or the surrounding area :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Shelli2 wrote: »
    So, after reading on the DSPCA website that they will not be having a Santa this year, I'm left wondering where I should bring my 4 year old. I missed out last year as I left it too late to book.

We've been to Arnotts every year since he was born, mainly because I love the Santa they have, lovely jolly old man with real beard, he truely is a 'Santa'. I have shuddering memories of my childhood and being brough to santa's with cotton wool looking crap beards, who smelled musty and barely had the time of day for each child.

I've been considering Red Moutain Farm, has anyone been to Santa there before?

The reasons I'm veering away from Arnotts this year are:
    A. Because although he is free, you pay for your picture which is quite expensive and the child gets no toy. (Suits some people who can take a decent photo, but I'm useless so end up paying for pic and then still buying child a toy that day)
    B. The que is usually giant, unless you go super early in the day.
    C. I would like to bring him to more of a 'Christmas Experience' this year, rather than just a santa visit...ie, just a long que and a quick chat with the big red man.

Any pointers or suggestions?

If I win the lotto it'll definately be Laplap, but until then it's Dublin or the surrounding area :D

The last few years we have gone to glenroe farm. It's not exactly out of this world but there are lots of farm animals and little rabbits and guinea pigs for the children to hold and a little coffee shop and a playground. Then the kids go see Santa. I always enjoy the day and so do.the kids

Advertisement