Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drunk foreigners

• 15-11-2011 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭kearney13

Tonight like any other night I did my usual walk around the town. On the way home I passed by two foreigners, one taking a piss against a furniture shop and the other laughing and swinging boxes into the air, I didn't pass remarks because they were very drunk, I just picked up the pace and walked towards the shop and for some reason they followed me so I sat down outside the shop to see what they were going to do. Next thing one started shouting in foreign at me in a very angry tone on voice and was running at me with a fist up, he swung a box and missed and then grabbed me a put me against a wall luckily his friend pulled him off me, now I was scared at this time so I ran into the shop to hide away and called the guards, they weren't outside when I went out, I had called my father aswell to pick me up and I could see him coming in the distance. Got into the van we went slowly up the road and there they were in a spot where I would have to pass by with some sort of brick in his hand. I count my self lucky that I avoided them tonight.

Now our town is getting violent but its just foreigners fighting on the bank holiday weekend an irish lad was stabbed 3 times for trying to break up a fight.

I'm not being racist but if there at that carry on its time they pack up and I'll politely put it, f**k off

I never had a problem with foreigners till now and I didn't aggravate this foreigner in any way

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

kearney13 wrote: »

I'm not being racist

OK

but its time they pack up and I'll politely put it, f**k off

Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Racist.

Lol OP is the biggest racist ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Thank God at least there has never been a drunk Irish person abroad.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭blackalicious

right that guy was obviously a cnut but what has that got to do with other foreigners???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

All the foreigners or just the drunk ones should pack up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

if there at that carry on its time they pack up and I'll politely put it, f**k off

Or maybe get arrested, like anyone else should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Does it matter that it was a foreigner and not a Irish person :confused: ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Drunken scumbags are drunk scumbags no matter what nationality they are.

I really don't think the fact that they're foreign is the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Next thing one started shouting in foreign at me

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Tbh yeah. If foreign nationals commit crimes in this country they should be deported. If they're just trying to make a living like everyone else they're more than welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

It proves that we Irish were right to ban drink for everyone. I remember the bad old days

he grabbed me, put me against a wall and his friend pulled him off

Drunken sexy foreigners.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭kearney13

I don't mean it as every foreigner just the same crowd that are out every weekend causing rows in my town its rarely with irish its between themselves but they have a lot of people scared around here many of my older relations wont go out because they too scared its not fair on our town

"shouting in foreign" :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Seriously though,which town? Tbh it'd never have entered my mind to ring the gardai about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Drunken sexy foreigners.

Hairy Japanese Bastards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

mojesius wrote: »
    Hairy Japanese Bastards!

Radioactive Hairy Japanese Bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

Tonight like any other night I did my usual walk around the town. On the way home I passed by two foreigners, one taking a piss against a furniture shop and the other laughing and swinging boxes into the air, I didn't pass remarks because they were very drunk, I just picked up the pace and walked towards the shop and for some reason they followed me so I sat down outside the shop to see what they were going to do. Next thing one started shouting in foreign at me in a very angry tone on voice and was running at me with a fist up, he swung a box and missed and then grabbed me a put me against a wall luckily his friend pulled him off me, now I was scared at this time so I ran into the shop to hide away and called the guards, they weren't outside when I went out, I had called my father aswell to pick me up and I could see him coming in the distance. Got into the van we went slowly up the road and there they were in a spot where I would have to pass by with some sort of brick in his hand. I count my self lucky that I avoided them tonight.

Now our town is getting violent but its just foreigners fighting on the bank holiday weekend an irish lad was stabbed 3 times for trying to break up a fight.

I'm not being racist but if there at that carry on its time they pack up and I'll politely put it, f**k off

I never had a problem with foreigners till now and I didn't aggravate this foreigner in any way

Arsehole!!! And that's you Kearney! "Foreigners" What all foreigners???? Grow up! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

*almost drops sherry glass in shock*

I don't see why these foreigners don't copy our sophisticated, genteel drinking ways.

Also, I'm sorry OP, if that really happened it wasn't a nice experience, but it sounds like a made-up story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Tonight like any other night I did my usual walk around the town. ........

What town is this, might I ask?

Gingko wrote: »
    Arsehole!!! And that's you Kearney! "Foreigners" What all foreigners???? Grow up! :mad:

Yeah - grow up you big smelly poo poo face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

YES!!!

I have been waiting all night for an excuse to slag of a foreigner.

Would be a double win if ya tell me he was one of those nasty Polish guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Which town?

Seriously, I very, very, very, very, very much doubt it's just foreigners. I remember where I grew up and there was hardly no foreigners about!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I didn't mind when they were talking our jobs.
    I didn't mind when they were talking our women.
    I didn't mind when they were talking our dole.

But they are now taking our booze!!

Lets batter em!! and send back to whatever god forsaken 1st/2nd/3rd world country they came from.

Irish booze for the Irish!!

It all went down hill when the culchies got the vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

K-9 wrote: »
    I remember where I grew up and there was hardly no foreigners about!

Sure there was no racism in Ireland until them foreigners came along

"Sure dem der Polish boys are all on steroids and taking our jobs haa???" :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

*almost drops sherry glass in shock*

I don't see why these foreigners don't copy our sophisticated, genteel drinking ways.

Also, I'm sorry OP, if that really happened it wasn't a nice experience, but it sounds like a made-up story.

Probaly not i seen a Polish lad who used to live a couple of doors up from me chasing two Russian lads who lived a couple of doors down from me with a sword one night about this time last year they were always having little skirmish's escalated this particular night for some reason.It has been quiet the past couple of months though maybe they made up:)

• Advertisement

I didn't know what nationality they were could have been Lithuanians but look it if it was an irish lad I would be saying the same thing well except for them to get a warning. Most people can relate in another country as I know from experience if your drunk and do the smallest thing the cops there will f**k you over I fell over a damaged a sign and in big trouble

I have have worked with Lithuanians and Polish lads before and had the best of craic with them I had to drive to galway with a Polish lad and a Polish car past by us and the bumper sticker translated to stupid irish d**kheads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

2 drunk foreigners battered one of my friends for no apparent reason and kicked the face off him.
    He has a busted lip and cut gums from the horrible cúnts.
    I'm no racist but that wouldnt have happened if foreigners were not allowed in this country.

I actually think this is a great example of immigrants adopting our customs and integrating better into our society.

Very touching to read about them embracing our culture.

It brings a tear to my eye because I'm being strangled by a giant Polish bodybuilder.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    2 drunk foreigners battered one of my friends for no apparent reason and kicked the face off him.
    He has a busted lip and cut gums from the horrible cúnts.
    I'm no racist but that wouldnt have happened if foreigners were not allowed in this country.

You're right.

Two drunk Irish people would probably have done it instead.

It all went down hill when the culchies got the vote.

And women too, don't forget the women. Damn pc liberals.
    Hasmunch wrote: »
    Sure there was no racism in Ireland until them foreigners came along

:D

Used to be fights between groups of lads from different towns. Townism could be pretty violent stuff.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Fair enough if you don't want to believe it its grand I won't loose any sleep over it.
    Nodin wrote: »
    What town is this, might I ask?

Athboy small town in meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

You're right.

No instead some fúckin ham of a lad stood there and watched, and he was irish.

Polish coal is shit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

. . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
    . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
    . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
    . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
    . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
    . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

I know face-palm art is overdone here on Boards but honestly, how can such generalisations not be considered as racist? Why is aggression different when the perpetrators are not Irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

You're right.

Woulda killed him for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

"Sure dem der Polish boys are all on steroids and taking our jobs haa???" :p

jerbs.

its pronounced jerbs.

op you were only attacked by one foreigner the other helped so its 50/50

• Advertisement

Zen65 wrote: »
    . Why is aggression different when the perpetrators are not Irish?

It's much worse when it's in foreign.

Fair enough if you don't want to believe it its grand I won't loose any sleep over it.

Athboy small town in meath

Letterkenny was always pretty bad on a weekend night, Bundoran too always had a bit of a reputation. Them were Northern foreigners though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Ok,so people from Ireland - good drunks.
    People not from Ireland - bad drunks?

Just learn to speak foreign and shout back.:rolleyes:

I didn't know what nationality they were could have been Lithuanians but look it if it was an irish lad I would be saying the same thing well except for them to get a warning. Most people can relate in another country as I know from experience if your drunk and do the smallest thing the cops there will f**k you over I fell over a damaged a sign and in big trouble

I have have worked with Lithuanians and Polish lads before and had the best of craic with them I had to drive to galway with a Polish lad and a Polish car past by us and the bumper sticker translated to stupid irish d**kheads

All slagging aside, it's dangerous language your using eh? "Foreigners" Lets not go there please. Be very specific about the incident and what and where it happened. I'm Irish born and bred as is my family on both sides going back as far as records began. I have dark skin (Spanish Galway gene maybe). I've been attacked in Letterfrack, Ballinrobe and Newbridge as local scumbags thought I was foreign? I spoke in Irish to them and they were completely confused! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

The féckin' Greeks..... They invented gayness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

THe OP is/ is not racist.

Here's the deal:
    There are scumbags in every country.

Anto or Mick might start on you one night. The following night, it might be Pavel or <I can't think of another foreign name>,
    The thing is, this can happen here in Ireland or in any other country in the world.

For some reason certain boards users seem to believe that scumbags are native to Ireland, and that all the streets in every other country around the world are paved with gold.

Scumbags exist everywhere. I know that this may be a somewhat distressing fact for those who wish to believe that Ireland is the worst country on the planet, but, sadly enough, it is true.

I really wish it was true that the scum of the Earth only existed here, and that leaving Ireland was the best thing to do ever, but there are bad people in every country to go to.

In the same way that scumbags go from Ireland to Spanish islands every Summer for holidays, or to other English speaking countries around the world for work, the same type of people come here from other countries.
    We should build an electrified fence around Cork to prevent them from getting any further than there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If anyone shouts at me in foreign I'll .......................

..............not know what they are saying.

Terry wrote: »
    We should build an electrified fence around Cork to prevent them from getting any further than there.

Praise Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

Raaaaacist

"Shouting foreign" is hilarious by the way

Zen65 wrote: »
    I know face-palm art is overdone here on Boards but honestly, how can such generalisations not be considered as racist? Why is aggression different when the perpetrators are not Irish?

I know it a great contradiction alright but if I didn't say it I would have the usual people posting I'm a racist c**t and giving me general abuse and all that craic, ya just have to kept them sort of people happy because they get great joy out of thinking there a better person than me

Ya see if it was an drunk irish lad ya could bait 7 shades a ****e outta him and thats the be all and end all but if there foreign and lay a finger on them your f**ked over by the law in many cases (now here is where I get more people say I'm racist but its simply the truth)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement