Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any news on the 20 Million tesco development in Ballina?

Options
  • 15-11-2011 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

Any news on the 20 Million tesco development in Ballina? I saw a post about it on the McDonalds thread. Has the plan been approved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

I can only find the original old plan on the planning site.

TT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

TopTec wrote: »
    I can only find the original old plan on the planning site.

TT

I don't think Tesco are in any hurry to get the new store built.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but just saw this thread as a friend had been asking me what the story was with the Tesco development
    There's a great explanation of what's happening including an architectural drawing here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

It's a great insight, and interesting about the piece is the following;

Mr Benson, in reply to questions, said no decision had been made on the future of the famous spring well on the Ballina Mineral Water Company site - and used by generations of Ballina people. It would be dealt with in the Tesco Environmental Impact Statement and the authority would look at it when it had received that submission.

This will be a possible bone of contention for some locals who were reared on this water. As a child I remember going down to fill up containers of the stuff. The tree huggers will be out.....

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

We used to call it Kilcullens water.

• Advertisement
Advertisement