Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi Hotspot Connolly Station

Options
  • 15-11-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I am having trouble using the wifi hotspot at connolly station, I commute every day so usually have half an hour free waiting for train, so i signed up for the wifi hotspot thing but when I try and connect windows gives me a auto config ip, tried using Ubuntu and the same thing happens, tried connecting via mobile same thing.

For windows do you need special software from eircom installed or manually put in an ip address?

-Sean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hey guys,
    I am having trouble using the wifi hotspot at connolly station, I commute every day so usually have half an hour free waiting for train, so i signed up for the wifi hotspot thing but when I try and connect windows gives me a auto config ip, tried using Ubuntu and the same thing happens, tried connecting via mobile same thing.

For windows do you need special software from eircom installed or manually put in an ip address?

-Sean

Hi Sean,

Can you confirm the model laptop & phone you are trying to access wifihub? Also did you register via your eircom account details or via meteor / e-mobile?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Hi Mark thanks for the reply,
    I have registered my details and have my username/password

The laptop I was using is a Dell l702x, works at home and on other wifi networks
    , mobile phone was an Lg P500 which does the same, just cant seem to get a proper IP from the eircom hotspot.

-Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Mark thanks for the reply,
    I have registered my details and have my username/password

The laptop I was using is a Dell l702x, works at home and on other wifi networks
    , mobile phone was an Lg P500 which does the same, just cant seem to get a proper IP from the eircom hotspot.

-Sean

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your query. Have you tried to log on to other eircom WiFi Hotspots? or is it just Connolly Station. Try a different WiFi Hub, see if you're getting the same problem. Locations can be found at : www.eircom.ie/hotspot - or - http://www.eircom.net/wifihub/

It sounds like you may have a corrupted preferred network. If using standard windows, just remove this preferred network and then seach /or join the WiFi Hub again.

The following web tutorial on eicom's Support site shows how to remove a corrupted wireless network from your preferred list:

www.eircom.net/tutorials - 'Limited or No Connectivity'

Otherwise, you can also call into: eircom WiFi Hub (Hotspot) Support direct on the following number : 1890252049 (locall)

Best regards,
    Ant

Advertisement