Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equestrian Store in Dublin?

Options
  • 15-11-2011 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hiya -

anyone know if a good, fair priced shop in Dublin city centre area that sells equestrian gear specifically clothing (jodphurs, boots, helmets)? I am looking to do a little riding and left most of my gear back home when I moved. I would like to buy a few key pieces in town since I might go out this weekend and then buy the rest online at a later date.

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Hi there,

There aren't any saddlers in Dublin city-centre.
    If you drive, I'd recommend heading out to Holmestead near Kill, Co. Kildare or Tri Equestrian on the Curragh. Big and decent selection and prices.

If you don't drive, Equestrian World in Maynooth is right in the centre of the village near the train station and bus-stops or there's Goodwins saddlers in Mulhuddart. I've never been to the latter myself but it's near the Blanchardstown Centre so should be easy to reach by bus.

Hope this helps,
    Mar.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DougalZ

Horse Mad Store out near the airport, beside Kilronan Eq. centre maybe the nearest. The no. 41 bus passes by it, http://horsemadstore.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

There is also Colemans out in Sandyford, 44 should get you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

if its only a little riding that will be doing,the riding school shoud have hats/skulls for hire so there may be no need to get one just yet,its probably best way to save a bit of money towards getting a better hat or skull.

if it isnt going to be a regular every week thing,jogging pants are a perfect alternative in own view and they are warmer in the colder weather,the only issue with jogging pants is they can slide up the leg depending on the pair,but a bit of elastic can be sewn onto the inside of each leg at the bottom which holds them in place.

if have not got any riding footwear at the moment, just wear anything with a heel,even hunter wellies work if have got a pair of those as theyre properly heeled.

best of luck [if needed] at the new stables.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭stargirl!

devyn wrote: »
    Hiya -

anyone know if a good, fair priced shop in Dublin city centre area that sells equestrian gear specifically clothing (jodphurs, boots, helmets)? I am looking to do a little riding and left most of my gear back home when I moved. I would like to buy a few key pieces in town since I might go out this weekend and then buy the rest online at a later date.

Thanks a million!

what size are you (if you dont mind me asking) ? i have a few pairs of jodhpurs that i dont wear anymore, (they are faded and may have a small hole or two but nothing major) they would do fine for someone who just rides on a weekly basis to save having to buy some!

• Advertisement
Advertisement