Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Members wanted for alt rock band (South Dublin)

Options
  • 15-11-2011 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi, how's it going. Basically, I had this band going for awhile, fair few songs written and so on, but all the other members of the band have left for different reasons. I'm hoping to start it up again with a brand new line-up.

The style of music I'm going for is kind of a mix of goth/post-punk with hardcore/metallic hardcore, with maybe a bit of shoegaze and some catchy pop hooks. Influences would be things like Joy Division, The Cure, Refused, Converge, Husker Du, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy etc.

I'm based in south Dublin, though I haven't got a proper practice space sorted as of yet.

Members-wise, I'm looking for a singer, keyboard player, bassist and drummer (obviously if you can fill more than one role that's fine also).
    • Singers should have a decent range, and should preferably be able to write lyrics. If you can shout and scream as well as sing, that'd be preferable, but not essential.
    • Keyboard players should be reasonably technically skilled and have a good ear for melody. If you're classically trained and able to read music, that'd be helpful, but again, not strictly required. Additionally, if you're familiar with messing around with samples and programming, that'd be cool too.
    • Bassists and drummers should have a good feel for the dynamics of hardcore and should be comfortable playing at different speeds and in different time signatures. Drummers should be familiar with using double bass pedals/drums. Bassists should be comfortable playing in both standard tuning and drop-D.

No preference as to age or sex (I'm 20 and a guy if that makes any difference to you): as long as you can play (and won't have too much hassle with exams or things like that) you're grand.

I have about five or six songs written, so my aim would be to get those songs down really solid so we can start gigging as soon as possible.

If you want to hear some samples, I have some rough instrumental takes of songs, but they're VERY poor quality.

PM me for more information, thanks.

Comments

Advertisement