Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colour tattoos?

Options
  • 15-11-2011 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm a bit of a newbie here, looked around a few times since joining ages ago, but anyway, I have a question!

I'm thinking of getting a half sleeve (shoulder to elbow), and it's still only a thought, because I'm torn between getting a landscape or an Alice in Wonderland theme. But what I want to know is how colourful can I make it, without it fading really fast?

I know colour tattoos fade, but I don't think I'd want a black and white tattoo for either of those ideas, I think the colour would stand out a lot more.

A friend suggested getting some colour just to accent it, but I'm not sure I'm too keen. Then again I won't know for sure until I have a definite idea!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I think the improvements have been so good within tattooing that the issue of colouring fading isn't really an issue anymore.

I have a sleeve and got the first part of it done nearly 10 years ago :eek: and the colours don't seem to have faded much, although it may have but I don't notice it cos I see it every day.

My advice would be to go for the colour if it's what you want. If in a few years you feel like it has faded you can always get it touched up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

It wont fade fast, after a few years it wont be as bright as it was the day you get it but it will never be "dull". As Turtyturd said, if you dont like it after a few years its easy to get a touchup.

Id love to see an Alice In Wonderland themed sleeve, where are you thinking about getting it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I'll probably ask Ross Nagle in Limerick if he'd be up for doing it, cause he did the tattoo on my back and I'm very pleased with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Milsar88

If you are going with Alice in Wonderland theme it should be colored.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Re-iterate what the others said, go for the colour if that's what you want. Just keep it out of the sun where possible and the colours should stay pretty vivid for a long time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

From a previous thread about Ross, he seems to specialize in "new-traditional" style so if you're after an "animated" look / comic booky feel about your tattoo, with the depth etc, he may not be the man for the job.
    Maybe I'm wrong. I any case, my advice would be, go to someone who has done numerous tattoos in the style you want. Just because Ross did a great job on your gypsy head doesnt mean he's the guy to tattoo a Cheshire Cat (if you follow my logic).

As way of recommendations it may be worth looking at Pavel from Skin City, or Atilla in Wildcat (he still there?) and Remis (wildcat)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Yeah I see what you mean Diceicle. I'll have to do a bit of research through different artists portfolios. Preferably someone in Limerick I reckon, if someone is up to it. Any ideas of any Limerick artists who might be the right person for the job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Yeah I see what you mean Diceicle. I'll have to do a bit of research through different artists portfolios. Preferably someone in Limerick I reckon, if someone is up to it. Any ideas of any Limerick artists who might be the right person for the job?

ross nagle/allstar ink or anyone in bullmans whos portfolios you like would probably be the best to be honest

Advertisement