Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emergency 2D light fitting problem

Options
  • 15-11-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi all, i fitted a few 28 watt GE emergency 2D light fittings in a pub about 2 years ago and recently 2 of them have stopped working. When the owner changed the tubes all that happened was the new tube flashing on and off every second with a clicking noise from the gear. By disconnecting the battery pack the tube stays on and switch's off with the switch but obviously theres no emergency back up. Can anyone with experience tell me does the battery pack need replacing or the whole fitting?
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

has he changed both lamps in both fittings?do they have a starter in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

Hi, yes he has changed both lamps and no these fittings don't have starters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Sounds like the emergency pack is knackered. Was the fitting on alot? Did a company convert it or was it manufactured as emergency?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

2D emergency fittings are usually switchable (called non maintained) and when something like that happens it's normally the ballast that has gone, you could replace the ballast but to be honest I'd replace the fitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 pyromania

did he use right lamp .they come in 2pin ,4pin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭LeBash

Hi all, i fitted a few 28 watt GE emergency 2D light fittings in a pub about 2 years ago and recently 2 of them have stopped working. When the owner changed the tubes all that happened was the new tube flashing on and off every second with a clicking noise from the gear. By disconnecting the battery pack the tube stays on and switch's off with the switch but obviously theres no emergency back up. Can anyone with experience tell me does the battery pack replacing or the whole fitting?
    thanks in advance

I'd say its the lamp. Not all 4 pin 2d's will work in emergency fittings. I came across this with both Osram and GE lamps. On the outter cartoon in the small print it will say if it is compatible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

never knew that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Me either, i seem to know feck all this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

well seeing as you are all honest today
    me neither;)

meercat wrote: »
    well seeing as you are all honest today
    me neither;)

Our gonads are shrinking by the minute:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Never heard of that either. I'm still banking on the emergency pack :D