Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions on a new S/A

Options
  • 15-11-2011 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

i will be buying a new S/A after Xmas and i have my choices down to two
    1. Browning Maxus hunter.... €1330
    2. Beretta A400 xplor unico with kick-off.... €1750

both seem great S/A's to me and price really at the moment is the only thing that is swaying me at the minute.
    wanted the Beretta for a long while but after seeing the maxus im stumped at the minute.

any opinions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Got Browning Maxus Super Magnum Synthetic reacently.The most modern shotgun I've seen so far:speed loading, unloading, quick release forearm, very handy to pull out the limiter(if needed), handy safety switch, very light, recoil is unbelievably light (fiend has Extrema kick off, same difference I thought), comes with the whole lot of spacers and adjusters (l/h to r/h, up/down), triger lock,5 chokes+ 2 inch 3/4 choke, different colours sight, and it doesn't brake the bank. Cycles anything from28g to the heviest 3.5inch loads.
    Wery happy with it so far.Haven't said that 400 Unico is some gun!
    By the way 1300 for hunter is real good price in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Xplor.er

i have the Beretta a400 for nearly a year now and love it. absolutely no recoil with kick off. It is ultra reliable. you wont go wrong with one, saying that, I recently bought the Benelli vinci and love it too. When i open the cabinet I find myself reaching for the Benelli first. Im beginning to thing the benelli is a far superior gun

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭kenneths

you should sell the A400 so, there is no need for two when you love the benelli more. :D:p

Cash Waiting :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭beretta686s

have the a400 unico a few months now unreal gun without the kick off and still feck all recoil ive put 50g loads through it still no bother u wont go wrong with 1:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ROSSKI

• Advertisement

to be honest i thought that review was rubbish.

any way i have decided i'll be getting a Maxus now :D

by the way which do people prefer in a game S/A 28" or 26" barrel

anyone got an opinion on which size to get 26" or 28"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

save some money and go for a new Beretta 391 urika. 26 inch barrells are great for the country harder to get and can be harder to ship on. Some men feel an extra 2 inches is so important in any gun

i cant get the beretta.... the buddy has that one :D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement